Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brewers taking a page from Willy Wonka?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Very interesting idea

I like this part of the article the most, gives you an incentive to be a player/manager/coach/umpire for at least 8 years :)

"Major League Baseball is the only major sports league that offers a lifetime pass to all games. But you can't buy it. The card gives any player manager, coach or umpire with at least eight years of service free admission for two seats to any regular-season game of their choice for life."

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As for the Brewers, brilliant if you can get people to actually buy this lol... as for the fan/buyer, I think you're an idiot unless you want it as a keep sake, collectors item or just a display piece or paper weight. Who is to say where you would sit? I'm sorry but you have to take into account time value of money and also the idea of when would you use such a thing? I mean, sure, Game 7 of the WS... BUT the team would have to be home first off... then even if that was next year, don't you think you could get a ticket with $1000 cash in your pocket from a scalper?

Sorry, don't mean to be the bad guy or rain on the parade but nothing is free in this world and they would not run a promotion like this to lose their shorts or lose a bunch of money... clearly it is a marketing ploy and it will work for what it is intended (1) publicity, (2) cash up front and in their pocket today and (3) almost guaranteed to not lose money on the deal in the long-term.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Adding the 9 extra in-season (not opening day) tickets softens the blow. If you played your cards right, if the Brewers are making a push to the World Series, the later-season games might go up in price, and then you'd potentially have a WS ticket for a lot less than $1K.

I'm not going to do it, and it's not an investment strategy (unless you think inflation in your life will make Brewers' tickets like current Yankee tickets); it's basically click-bait and status bait.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
As for the Brewers, brilliant if you can get people to actually buy this lol... as for the fan/buyer, I think you're an idiot unless you want it as a keep sake, collectors item or just a display piece or paper weight. Who is to say where you would sit? I'm sorry but you have to take into account time value of money and also the idea of when would you use such a thing? I mean, sure, Game 7 of the WS... BUT the team would have to be home first off... then even if that was next year, don't you think you could get a ticket with $1000 cash in your pocket from a scalper?

Sorry, don't mean to be the bad guy or rain on the parade but nothing is free in this world and they would not run a promotion like this to lose their shorts or lose a bunch of money... clearly it is a marketing ploy and it will work for what it is intended (1) publicity, (2) cash up front and in their pocket today and (3) almost guaranteed to not lose money on the deal in the long-term.

I don't know what Brewer tickets go for, but you aren't getting a World Series ticket at Wrigley Field for a grand.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Adding the 9 extra in-season (not opening day) tickets softens the blow. If you played your cards right, if the Brewers are making a push to the World Series, the later-season games might go up in price, and then you'd potentially have a WS ticket for a lot less than $1K.

I'm not going to do it, and it's not an investment strategy (unless you think inflation in your life will make Brewers' tickets like current Yankee tickets); it's basically click-bait and status bait.
I think it is honestly more of a gimmick than anything else. I could see it being something where you buy it to then pass down through the family forever and maybe one day someone can say "My Great Great Great Grandfather _____ purchased this back in 2015 and it can still be used today" and your hope is it is like year 2115 and ticket prices are through the roof and maybe you use it for a WS game or something... otherwise the sentimental value will be greater and again, the Brewers win. If you think anymore past it just being a money grab by the Brewers and it being a gimmick for the buyer, then you're wasting your time IMO.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
It's a gimmick, for sure, but I read an updated article tonight that said they had already sold 230+ after what they considered a "soft opening". So they made a quick $250000 on the idea.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't know what Brewer tickets go for, but you aren't getting a World Series ticket at Wrigley Field for a grand.

Good thing Cubs fans never have to worry about budgeting for World Series Tickets ;)

But ***They weren't top of the line seats , but weren't the worst in the stadium either and my mom and her friends (my dad n I could not make it etc) got Game 7 Yankees / DBacks tickets for $100ish. Def wasn't more than $200.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If the Cubs make the WS, I would think you could get in the place for less than $1,000. Maybe I'm wrong but if you are telling me every single person in that stadium paid over $1,000 then I just haven't had enough coffee today ;)

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
On Tuesday, as the offer went online for the first time, the team announced that it would add another nine timeless tickets to each deal, which would be redeemable for any regular-season game in the team's future, except for Opening Day games.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The original bronze ticket is good for any single game, including say, a World Series home game at Miller Park, or whatever stadium the Brewers happen to be playing in should they return to the Fall Classic. The team's only appearance came in 1982.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is this two different things? One says REGULAR SEASON and the other says it can be used for WS. [/FONT]

Members online

Latest posts