Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Joining the AFL (Taxi Squad)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Crash Davis said:
boxbreaker44 said:
cgilmo said:
boxbreaker44 said:
PeteD said:
They need him to put butts in the seats...tourist's $$$$

You are vastly overrating the power of Harper.

no he isn't

But he is overrating the AFL's desire to sell tickets and the amount of influence ticket sales have on the placement of players in it.
No he is.

Compared to last years aflac game when Harper was there and this years there werent many more people.

Honestly as someone who has seen harper for 3 days of practice then the game he really isnt that dominate besides his HR Derby ability. Quality pitchers can get this guy out.

Quality pitchers can get anybody out.

In fact, a mix of quality pitchers and stiffs combine to get out even the best players more than 75% of the time (or something like that).

What I meant by quality is other high school aflac pitchers. Not the Lincecums and Halladays.

Yanksfan

Oct 13, 2010
I just got off the phone with my uncle. He is heading down there and is gonna be coaching the second half of the season.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Looks like I will be at the Surprise vs Scottsdale game tomorrow, the Peoria vs Mesa game on Tuesday, and then Phoenix vs Peoria on Wed and finally Scottsdale vs Surprise.. (Harper's first game)

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
Crash Davis said:
boxbreaker44 said:
cgilmo said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="PeteD":1wu02cuc]They need him to put butts in the seats...tourist's $$$$

You are vastly overrating the power of Harper.

no he isn't

But he is overrating the AFL's desire to sell tickets and the amount of influence ticket sales have on the placement of players in it.
No he is.

Compared to last years aflac game when Harper was there and this years there werent many more people.

Honestly as someone who has seen harper for 3 days of practice then the game he really isnt that dominate besides his HR Derby ability. Quality pitchers can get this guy out.

Quality pitchers can get anybody out.

In fact, a mix of quality pitchers and stiffs combine to get out even the best players more than 75% of the time (or something like that).

What I meant by quality is other high school aflac pitchers. Not the Lincecums and Halladays.[/quote:1wu02cuc]

Agreed but Lincecums and Halladays get most everybody out some of the time.

So to say that Harper couldn't hit either of those two guys - well, most of the league has a hard time, as well.

Members online

Latest posts