Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards for Kids: Free Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
Dictated by my 7yo:

We were looking on FCB and saw a Ken Griffey, Jr. graded 8 for free from Keyser Sose and we decided to ask for it since we collect Mariners. When we got it in the mail there were lots of other cool cards too. My brother and I had a fun time getting all those cards for our collection. And I decided I wanted to give free cards too.

The first person with a kid that says the team that their kid wants, I'll send a package of cool cards from that team. I hope the age of the kid will be five to twelve. I mainly have baseball cards, and not the other sports. I hope that that kid will want to send out cards too because I think this is a cool website for helping people get cards that they will like.

I think the Mariners will play good this year because they have Jesus Montero and Dustin Ackley. My favorite cards are my game-used Dustin Ackley jersey and bat rookie cards. I also have a cool die-cut Ken Griffey, Jr. I want to hear about why you like your team too, and what your favorite cards are. :D

-Micah

See this topic for the genesis of this: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159498

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Nice job dad and Micah. I too am a huge seattle fan and believe they are a team to really watch this year. pm me an address and Ill send out some extra griffeys i have around.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
Bob Loblaw said:
This is a good idea. I'd like to "trade" Phillies kids for my son for cool lots for other teams.

Congratulations, your son is the winner of a Phillies mailday from Micah! He would like to know your son's age and his favorite Phillies player. Please PM us your address and we'll get the package out to you this week.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
That wasn't... I wasn't... ah, the heck with it. :)

I wasn't trying to get a lot for him... that being said, I don't think he'd object. I'll make sure it gets paid forward.

Thanks!

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
Bob Loblaw said:
That wasn't... I wasn't... ah, the heck with it. :)

I wasn't trying to get a lot for him... that being said, I don't think he'd object. I'll make sure it gets paid forward.

Thanks!

Micah read your post and determined it qualified. You should be more careful next time. :lol: He and Caleb are already furiously sorting their cards and as I type, he just ran downstairs with 10 Phillies cards to start with.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Uggghhh...Just missed it! My son is 7 and loves his Phillies and Ryan Howard especially...see what happens when you are at Church? You miss opportunities like this... :lol:

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
JEBJJA said:
Uggghhh...Just missed it! My son is 7 and loves his Phillies and Ryan Howard especially...see what happens when you are at Church? You miss opportunities like this... :lol:

We'll do another one soon. Church > Ryan Howard.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
JEBJJA said:

Send us your son's mailing info and we'll get a package out to him.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Thank you...info sent. He will be so excited! He sees me opeing stuff in the mail and it would be great to see his face when it's something that is his that he can put in his card binder. Remember the days fellas filling up your binder with anything and everything? He's got all his teams sorted in the binder and by sport. He needs another binder soon to put baseball in one and football in the other. Thanks again. Can't wait for his reaction....

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
JEBJJA said:
My son received his package today and was thrilled...it was like Christmas with all his Phils he got! Thank you for the kind gesture!

Glad he liked the cards! I'll let the boys know in the AM.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My older son is almost 2 and a half and for some reason he's really taking a liking to hockey. I know we're in Canada, but I'm a baseball fan myself so there's never hockey on TV nor is there any hockey memorabilia in the house. Must have picked it up from daycare. Anyways, I thought I'd try to introduce him to cards so I dug out a handful of 93-94 OPC Premier from the basement and gave them to him. He loves goalies and has named a few: "Red Goalie", "Goalie With Helmet Off", "Goalie Hitting Puck", etc. Very cute!

My younger is son is only 3 weeks old but I'm hoping he'll turn out to be a baseball fan like his old man!

This thread got me thinking about my kids and what, if any, cards they'd like, so I thought I'd share.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts