Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: May 22-28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Thanks to the 30 who signed up for my newest game.

This will start on May 1st and will run for the entire month.

The premise is simple: outperform your enemies in a series of weekly challenges to earn the right to battle for glory in the grand finale!

The team who controls the largest portion of the battlefield will win $125 via Paypal. I had originally offered a $25 consolation to the runner-up, then decided that this will be an all or nothing mission. No mercy!

The game is divided into 5 battlefields:

Battlefield #1 features all 30 teams in a 5 row x 6 column grid. The category is team pitching strikeouts and will run from May 1-7. Teams will only be competing with others in the same row. The 5 teams with the highest strikeout total in their row during this time period will advance to the grand finale. In the event of a tie, each of those teams will advance.

Battlefield #2 features 15 teams in a 5 row x 3 column grid. The category is team home runs and will run from May 8-14. Teams will only be competing with others in the same column. The 3 teams with the highest home run total in their column during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #3 features the other 15 teams in a 5 row x 3 column grid. The category is team hits and will run from May 15-21. Teams will only be competing with others in the same column. The 3 teams with the highest hit total in their column during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #4 features all 30 teams in a 5 row x 6 column grid. The category is team runs and will run from May 22-28. Teams will only be competing with others in the same row. The 5 teams with the highest runs total in their row during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #5 features all qualifying teams from the first 4 battlefields. At this point, all borders dividing these battlefields will be taken away to open up one large 10 row x 9 column grid. Each team will remain in their original spot, but their category will be changed to team wins between May 1-31. All remaining teams are now battling each other, regardless of their proximity on the battlefield.

The following steps will be taken to determine the winner:

1. The surviving team with the highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal, vertical, and diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

2. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal and vertical path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

3. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

4. Step 3 will be repeated until all possible teams have been eliminated.

The team controlling the largest portion of the battlefield will win the challenge. In the (unlikely) event of a tie, the surviving team having the highest combined strikeout/home run/hits/runs total will be the winner.

I will update the playfield every 7 days.

Any questions, just ask! The playfield has been built, but will not be unveiled until just before you all report for duty.

In the meantime, here's the field, outlining your teams for each category. Good luck!

technicolorfield.jpg

Here are links to each battlefield so you can quickly see how you did. For Battlefields 1-4, please note that the stats will only be accurate if you visit the link on the date in parenthesis and before the first game that day concludes:

Battlefield #1 (May 8th)

Battlefield #2 (May 15th)

Battlefield #3 (May 22nd)

Battlefield #4 (May 29th)

Battlefield #5 (June 1st)

Last edited:

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: Lock & Load

O....M.....G....!!!!!!:D Bring it on!! I have the perfect sniping spot! I'm a camper!!

You know what happens to campers! Everyone guns for them and they get taken out! 😃

Last edited:

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Can I make it a standard that I am automatically signed up for any of your contests??? :)

Sad I missed out this one, looks like fun. Good luck all!!

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
This is interesting. You always come up with the best games. I still remember the trivia per day contest from the old BMB days.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Re: CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: Lock & Load

Wow, I'm confused already, but it seems like fun!!

Me too. For example, battlefield 3 you state the category is team hits, but then go on to say the team with the most homeruns advances? Is this a copy and paste error? And 4s category is team runs but the highest strikeout total advances?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Me too. For example, battlefield 3 you state the category is team hits, but then go on to say the team with the most homeruns advances? Is this a copy and paste error? And 4s category is team runs but the highest strikeout total advances?

Sorry, guys! I got a little too copy/paste happy. There are no sick twists...just some typos. Everything has been corrected.

I also forgot to mention that you can easily follow your team along by going to ESPN's sortable stats page. Here are links to each battlefield:

Battlefield #1 (May 8th)

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here's the actual playing field to give everyone an idea of how the game is set up.

technicolorbattlefield.jpg

Full Size Image

Example:

Look at Battlefield 1, Row 1.

You'll see Nationals, Tigers, Mariners, Orioles, Diamondbacks, Brewers.

They are all competing for the highest strikeout total from May 1-7. Whoever has the most strikeouts from that row advances.

If there is a tie for the most strikeouts, all of those teams advance.

That's all there is to it! The same steps will be taken for all rows or columns. Everyone advancing from Battlefields 1-4 will enter the grand finale. Those steps are described in detail in the OP.

Last edited:

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks to the 30 who signed up for my newest game.

This will start on May 1st and will run for the entire month.

The premise is simple: outperform your enemies in a series of weekly challenges to earn the right to battle for glory in the grand finale!

The team who controls the largest portion of the battlefield will win $125 via Paypal. I had originally offered a $25 consolation to the runner-up, then decided that this will be an all or nothing mission. No mercy!

The game is divided into 5 battlefields:

Battlefield #1 features all 30 teams in a 5 row x 6 column grid. The category is team pitching strikeouts and will run from May 1-7. Teams will only be competing with others in the same row. The 5 teams with the highest strikeout total in their row during this time period will advance to the grand finale. In the event of a tie, each of those teams will advance.

Battlefield #2 features 15 teams in a 5 row x 3 column grid. The category is team home runs and will run from May 8-14. Teams will only be competing with others in the same column. The 3 teams with the highest home run total in their column during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #3 features the other 15 teams in a 5 row x 3 column grid. The category is team hits and will run from May 15-21. Teams will only be competing with others in the same column. The 3 teams with the highest hit total in their column during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #4 features all 30 teams in a 5 row x 6 column grid. The category is team runs and will run from May 22-28. Teams will only be competing with others in the same row. The 5 teams with the highest runs total in their row during this time period will advance to the grand finale. Same rule for ties.

Battlefield #5 features all qualifying teams from the first 4 battlefields. At this point, all borders dividing these battlefields will be taken away to open up one large 10 row x 9 column grid. Each team will remain in their original spot, but their category will be changed to team wins between May 1-31. All remaining teams are now battling each other, regardless of their proximity on the battlefield.

The following steps will be taken to determine the winner:

1. The surviving team with the highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal, vertical, and diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

2. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal and vertical path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

3. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

4. Step 3 will be repeated until all possible teams have been eliminated.

The team controlling the largest portion of the battlefield will win the challenge. In the (unlikely) event of a tie, the surviving team having the highest combined strikeout/home run/hits/runs total will be the winner.

I will update the playfield every 7 days.

Any questions, just ask! The playfield has been built, but will not be unveiled until just before you all report for duty.

In the meantime, here's the field, outlining your teams for each category. Good luck!

technicolorfield.jpg

Here are links to each battlefield so you can quickly see how you did. For Battlefields 1-4, please note that the stats will only be accurate if you visit the link on the date in parenthesis and before the first game that day concludes:

Battlefield #1 (May 8th)

FUDGE I HAVE HOUSTON FOR "RUNS" COLUMN :(
But im still glad I get to be in the competition!

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
So is the grand finale 5 teams? and is it possible to have more than 1 team in the finale?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
So is the grand finale 5 teams? and is it possible to have more than 1 team in the finale?

The grand finale will include at least 16 teams (one from each of the 10 rows and 6 columns), but possibly more if there are ties.

Yes, you can have more than one team advance...so long as you win your row/column.

Members online