Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Decisions for Week 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Current Waiver deals pending:
-Adding: Jeremy Maclin, Dropping: Clinton Portis
-Adding: Ahmad Bradshaw, Dropping: Jason Snelling
-Adding: Tony Gonzalez, Dropping: Brandon Pettigrew

Current Roster:
QB: Matt Ryan
QB: Matt Hasselback
WR: Roddy White
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Austin Collie
WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
RB: Jahvid Best
RB: Tim Hightower
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
TE: Marcedes Lewis
TE: Brandon Pettigrew (being dropped)
Utility: Darren McFadden
Utility: Pierre Thomas
Bench: Ray Rice
Bench: Clinton Portis (being dropped)
Bench: Hakeem Nicks
Bench: Jason Snelling (being dropped)
Bench: Josh Freeman
Bench: Eddie Royal

My biggest concern:
-Can I start Jahvid Best and Calvin Johnson this week with good conscience? They are going up against a stout GB defense, and both had rough games last week.

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009
again what type of league are you in where maclin and bradshaw are on waivers and you can drop portis? it doesnt matter what decisions you make - each of the four teams is an all star team

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
jdbrak said:
again what type of league are you in where maclin and bradshaw are on waivers and you can drop portis? it doesnt matter what decisions you make - each of the four teams is an all star team

It's a 7 team league full of Canadians.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Thank you for finally dropping snelling.

Great pick up with Gonzalez, mindboggling that you can do that actually.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
EricInCT said:
CJ yes
Best NO

GB has been tough against the run, but I am having trouble starting Rice.

Here is my starting lineup as it is now:

QB: Matt Ryan
QB: Matt Hasselback
WR: Austin Collie
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Roddy White
WR: Jeremy Maclin
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
RB: Ray Rice or Tim Hightower (I could pick up Peyton Hillis)
TE: Tony Gonzalez
TE: Marcedes Lewis
Utility: Pierre Thomas
Utility: Darren McFadden
Kicker: Sebastian Janikowski
Defense: Pittsburgh Steelers
Defense: Tennessee Titans

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Don't think Rice is going to play this week and even if he does he has a horrible matchups. Hightower is taking a back seat to Beanie. If you can, pick up hillis, he's got a good matchup this week

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
onionring9 said:
Don't think Rice is going to play this week and even if he does he has a horrible matchups. Hightower is taking a back seat to Beanie. If you can, pick up hillis, he's got a good matchup this week

I dropped Hightower and Eddie Royal and picked up Hillis and Beanie Wells.

My biggest question currently is: Should i start Hakeem Nicks in place of Calvin Johnson?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
onionring9 said:

I dropped Hightower and Eddie Royal and picked up Hillis and Beanie Wells.

My biggest question currently is: Should i start Hakeem Nicks in place of Calvin Johnson?

I'd personally start Nicks this week though I'm pretty convinced Calvin will find the endzone (and not have it called back) this week.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Pierre Thomas really screwed me over today. I looked on Friday to make sure that my roster was set, drank and partied all of yesterday, and now I see (after its too late) that Thomas is out. WTF!? Austin Collie is questionable as well, but should play. Should have started Calvin this week.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
Well Pierre Thomas really screwed me over today. I looked on Friday to make sure that my roster was set, drank and partied all of yesterday, and now I see (after its too late) that Thomas is out. WTF!? Austin Collie is questionable as well, but should play. Should have started Calvin this week.

Wasn't it you earlier this week that told us we had no idea what we were talking about when it came to Calvin?

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
onionring9 said:
soccerman034 said:

Wasn't it you earlier this week that told us we had no idea what we were talking about when it came to Calvin?

Wasn't it just last week that Calvin was still disappointing? One good week says nothing, Hakeem Nicks among other wideouts on my list still have more overall fantasy points than Calvin (I just wish I hadn't been listening to you guys and started him all those weeks).

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
onionring9 said:
soccerman034 said:

You mean the guy who knows everything, yet knows nothing and plays in a 7 team league? :lol:

Yep this would be him.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:
onionring9 said:
soccerman034 said:

You mean the guy who knows everything, yet knows nothing and plays in a 7 team league? :lol:

Yep this would be him.

You and soccerman represent your generation very well. Good luck for the rest of your seasons.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
onionring9 said:
Snyper said:
onionring9 said:
soccerman034 said:

Yep this would be him.

You and soccerman represent your generation very well. Good luck for the rest of your seasons.

Please do elaborate.

Members online