Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dennis Rodman Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starvela

Jan 17, 2010
Hello everyone,

I've been wondering why Rodman cards always seem to fetch high dollar...I'm referring to his 90's inserts and newer stuff..Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of Rodman, but wanted to get some fellow collectors opinion on this..

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
starvela said:
Hello everyone,

I've been wondering why Rodman cards always seem to fetch high dollar...I'm referring to his 90's inserts and newer stuff..Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of Rodman, but wanted to get some fellow collectors opinion on this..

There are a bunch of reasons.

Rodman was a very very popular player during his time. He had a huge fan base. He was ecentric, crazy, funny and an oddball character on and off the court.

He was probably the best Rebounder of his time if not one of the best of all time. His game was top ranked for his duties.

He also has a massive following outside the US. Oriental/french collectors love him for some reason. Gernally he is collected in Asia/Europe just as heavy as in the US.

Other players that have this odd following...

Penny Hardaway
Latrell Sprewell
Jason Williams
Grant Hill
Alonzo Mourning
Martin Meursepp http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTIN-MUURSEPP...93227119?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item2c5a47f86f **Damn Estonians lol*
Jerry Stackhouse
Chris Webber

starvela

Jan 17, 2010
wbonus said:
starvela said:
Hello everyone,

There are a bunch of reasons.

Rodman was a very very popular player during his time. He had a huge fan base. He was ecentric, crazy, funny and an oddball character on and off the court.

He was probably the best Rebounder of his time if not one of the best of all time. His game was top ranked for his duties.

He also has a massive following outside the US. Oriental/french collectors love him for some reason. Gernally he is collected in Asia/Europe just as heavy as in the US.

Other players that have this odd following...

Penny Hardaway
Latrell Sprewell
Jason Williams
Grant Hill
Alonzo Mourning
Martin Meursepp http://cgi.ebay.com/MARTIN-MUURSEPP...93227119?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item2c5a47f86f **Damn Estonians lol*
Jerry Stackhouse
Chris Webber

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...You make alot of great points and yeah I did also notice Penny and G.Hill along with Pippen have similar following..

It's just crazy and interesting to know that Rodman sells for far more than his 80's HOF counterparts, such as Malone, Olajuwon, etc.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Malone is a bit weird.

So there are two sides. Either a player is popular or is very hard to comeby for autos.

Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Reggie Miller
Patrick Ewing
Scottie Pippen (To a degree)
Dirk Nowtizki

These guys dont have many certified autographs on the market. WHich drives demand. Malone cards dont do as well as some of the others, but his autos command good money. Same with Barkley and Reggie Miller. Ewing is just plain weird. His autos/patches do really really well. But his numbered inserts and jersey cards dont do as well. Oddball collectors I tell you.

Members online

Latest posts