Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does reduced steroid use help the chances of a Triple Crown winner?

No steroids = more Triple Crowns?

• Lack of fake power makes it harder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulax5

Sep 23, 2010
So Oregon
With a reduction in the blatant use in steroids help the chances of a player winning the triple crown? I know PEDs are still in use but does the lack of hulking monsters (McGuire, Sosa...) give us a greater chance at seeing a triple crown winner more often the ever 47 years?

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I think there have been so many close to it over the past few years, it could partly be because of that. It's a pitchers game now and with a less live ball, great hitters have a better shot of controlling all three major stat categories.

soulax5

Sep 23, 2010
So Oregon
Who says that their is a reduction in the use of steroids?

No guarantee, just not seeing your Bonds shape guys now. Miggy is about as big as they get or Fielder and we know he gets his power from Mcdonalds and not flax seed oil.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Steroids make a mess - they make anything possible. So I'd say yes. However the poll should have a choice that says "A good chance" and not only "A lot better chance"

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
No guarantee, just not seeing your Bonds shape guys now. Miggy is about as big as they get or Fielder and we know he gets his power from Mcdonalds and not flax seed oil.

There are a ton of guys that look like Bonds. Also, you dont have to look like a bodybuilder to be on steroids. There are all types of steroids. There are steroids that bloat you, and there are steroids that get you ripped. Prince Fielder is incredibly muscular, built like a fullback, so if you are calling hm fat, you are just wrong.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
When Fielder was drafted, he was fat. Strong as a bull, but warmly layered in fat.

As for steroids, the game isn't clean and probably won't ever be truly "clean." Nor has it been truly "clean" for 40+ years.

It's a great feat for sure, but let's not think steroids play much of a role when you consider how rare it is in general for hitters. Three NL winners in over 100 years? 17 total winners in the history of the game? Total offensive domination.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
There are a ton of guys that look like Bonds. Also, you dont have to look like a bodybuilder to be on steroids. There are all types of steroids. There are steroids that bloat you, and there are steroids that get you ripped. Prince Fielder is incredibly muscular, built like a fullback, so if you are calling hm fat, you are just wrong.

No, he's fat

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
When Fielder was drafted, he was fat. Strong as a bull, but warmly layered in fat.

As for steroids, the game isn't clean and probably won't ever be truly "clean." Nor has it been truly "clean" for 40+ years.

It's a great feat for sure, but let's not think steroids play much of a role when you consider how rare it is in general for hitters. Three NL winners in over 100 years? 17 total winners in the history of the game? Total offensive domination.

Yes, he has a gut, the rest of him is pure muscle. It cracks me up when people cal him fat, he is far from fat.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Yes, he has a gut, the rest of him is pure muscle. It cracks me up when people cal him fat, he is far from fat.

When he first came to the Midwest League a month after the draft, he was far from the slowest guy on the field...even though he was at his heaviest then. I'd actually give that to Casey Kotchman as one of the slowest players I've ever seen.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Winning the TC (16) is almost as rare as turning an unassisted triple play (15)

I voted yes, because of the reduced power numbers we've seen over the past few years, but might change my answer in the long run to no.

Members online

Latest posts