Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Donald Sterling Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I know the BBall thread doesn't get much traffic but I didn't see a Donald Sterling discussion, so here it is... what is your take on this billionaire? I feel sorry that he had himself recorded in a private setting when he didn't know but welcome to the modern day BOSS! The guys entire story is just messed up about his wife he doesn't live with, how he has this girlfriend, how he has treated black people terrible but then gets awards from their civic groups, etc. Just messed up.

I think the guy needs to take his half of the sale of the Clippers for ONE BILLION DOLLARS and keep moving... fade into the darkness and never be heard of again. That's my feelings personally.

As for the latest news on this, sounds like a judge has said that Shelly (his legal wife?) can proceed with the sale of the team... round and round we go. Here is the article: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...rling-attempt-block-sale-los-angeles-clippers

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Really hard to tell a guy worth billions to fade into the darkness , esp when no crime was committed. Yes it looks bad , yes it is something you shouldn't say , but it's real hard to say a private conversation should become public and cost you your company. I'm probably in the minority but I'm still not sure 100% how I feel about it. Not what was said , but how it cost him what he owned. But the NBA rules gave them the out , even though it was a private conversation so I can see his argument as well. I know I don't want what I say behind closed doors or with those I "trust" to ever be broadcast.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Either way, he was wrong and he knew what was Said was wrong.

I don't believe anyone has ever argued against that point...???

That is different than saying something in private , that being secretly recorded, then becoming public, then losing his company that he purchased when he didn't commit a crime.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't believe anyone has ever argued against that point...???

That is different than saying something in private , that being secretly recorded, then becoming public, then losing his company that he purchased when he didn't commit a crime.

Ryan

I agree with this. Leaving what exactly was said aside, it's messed up.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I have 2 thoughts:

The unfortunate thing is that if instead of talking to her about his feelings towards minorities he had just walked in the room and beat the crap out of her and that recording was released, he'd still be the owner of the Clippers for the rest of his lifetime.

I'm kinda hopeful that the legal issues carry on into the season so that the players will have to actually act on their threats. Everyone in the league knew this was the way he was and now that it's become public knowledge, well more than it was before, they now have to pretend like his money is no longer good enough.

Members online

Latest posts