Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dumbest rule on SCF, a absolute turn off to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strongman

Jul 10, 2010
michigan
I do like the site because i get a lot of my fb stuff there. But getting this message below from a trade dispute mod is something that turns me off against the site. I sold a item on the 19th only accepting wcc or postal mo. Well the trader seemed to take his sweet time and took him 14 days to send out. I got it today but I posted a dispute on it after being told it was sent twice

did you send out card to him??? Hell no I didn't, I never send until a item is paid for.

" It is against SCF rules to hold out on shipping to a non-MSF member, whether you are trading, buying or selling."

Do you think I can go on eBay and say hey send the card tomorrow I'm mailing money to you??? Oh don't worry about it as I got perfect fb. Seriously what is your take on this?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Is it against their rules to not pay for items in a timely manner? Thats EXACTLY why you dont send cards until they are paid for. How do you know you will ever get paid?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
How do you know that a new member with no feedback won't just take the money and run?

I agree with their rule. It's not eBay, there is no buyer protection guarantee.

strongman

Jul 10, 2010
michigan
I just won't be selling anything then cuz right now I don't have paypal and I'm not sending out shat until a item is paid for.

strongman

Jul 10, 2010
michigan
nevermore said:
How do you know that a new member with no feedback won't just take the money and run?

new members under 20 fb msf with any kind of deal until they reach 20 fb

yankeesfan24

strongman said:
nevermore said:

did they have over 20 FB? if they have a lot more feedback then you, there was no reason you should have waited

strongman

Jul 10, 2010
michigan
I think they might have. But its not the point, I don't care if the person had 3000 fb I'm still not sending shat til the item is paid for bar none rule or not

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
cgilmo said:
well, a rule is a rule

And it isn't a new one over there.

I say, their house their rules, even if they don't make sense.

Agree completely. This is why FCB is better than SCF. No illogical, power-hungry rules over here.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
strongman said:
nevermore said:

On the plus side, SCF lets new members import feedback from most other trading sites to bypass the 20 feedback rule. I don't know of many other sites that do that. With no buyer protection guarantee, this is the best way to avoid problems.

If you're fine with sending first on a trade, I still don't see how sending first on a sale is inherently any different. The must send first rule applies in both situations.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
strongman said:
I think they might have. But its not the point, I don't care if the person had 3000 fb I'm still not sending shat til the item is paid for bar none rule or not

Actually that is the point, by agreeing to a transaction on "thier site" you are agreeing to follow "thier rule's".... I guess the end-all to this is don't sell on SCF (steer clear of any action's that require you to follow rule's you diagree with, if you're not willing to abide by the rule's given). I'm not saying I agree with the rule's but as Gilmo stated: "their house their rules, even if they don't make sense". ;)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
When paypal offers BUYER'S PROTECTION and someone insists that you send first, that's when things turn into an absolute joke.

Just don't accept cash or MO, I guess.

There's no way in hell that I'd send a card worth more than $50 without getting paid first. If I decide to screw you over, guess what, you can file a paypal claim. If you decide to screw me over, there's absolutely no recourse. Twenty transactions is hardly a barometer, especially for someone dealing in hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of cards.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
crosby87 said:
I wouldn't use that site I just hear to many strange stories coming out of there. This place is run much better.

I couldn't agree with you more on the fact that this place is run better.

But for marketplace, SCF is better (unfortunately).

I do agree with the OP. No way in hell I am sending a card I sold before payment is received.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
tonsofcommons said:
crosby87 said:
I wouldn't use that site I just hear to many strange stories coming out of there. This place is run much better.

I couldn't agree with you more on the fact that this place is run better.

But for marketplace, SCF is better (unfortunately).

I do agree with the OP. No way in hell I am sending a card I sold before payment is received.

This is a community, not a marketplace

Members online

Latest posts