Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dustin Pedroia Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Lets start the New Year off with what I consider a goody......

2004 SP Prospects Platinum #340 Dustin Pedroia AU 1/1

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
10_pedroia_31of75_zpse1a4f962.png

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
What I consider to be one of the ugliest cards of Dustin Pedroia that I have of him.....

2009 Topps 206 Mini Piedmont Gold #71 Dustin Pedroia 45/50

.....but still glad to have it in my PC.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
What does the Muddy Chicken mean? How did he get that nickname?

During a marathon game against the Rays, believe it was 16 innings long, he was called Muddy Chicken at the end of it. I don't remember all the stats but he had figured in all the Sox runs that day and played outstanding defense. It was one of those rainy games that had just destroyed the field and Pedroia was covered from head to toe. Anyway, he had pretty much won the game on his own and the only time I've read about "who" gave it to him, it is believed it was Ortiz, but that could be wrong.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Feeling a little hate this morning towards Topps and its redemption program, so here is my beautiful Pedroia card today...... (or is it)

2013 Topps Chrome Division Die Cut Boxloader Autographs #DB1 CC Sabathia/Adam Jones/ Evan Longoria/Jose Bautista/Dustin Pedroia /25

This, along with about 15 other cards still sit in Topps Redemption Purgatory.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
This is one of the best cards from all 2004 products. Grats on being the owner of this!

Thank you very much. Of course it's my opinion, but I consider this to be the most sought after Pedroia card, so I'm very happy to have it in my PC.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Posting a kind of unique card of Pedroia today.

Millhouse mini
No year, no number, and not listed in Beckett. Anyone have any information?
Other than being an unknown product, and in his college uniform, it's actually a pretty nice looking card. In my opinion the scan doesn't give it justice and I'm really not a big fan of mini's.

Thank you,
Rob

That appears to be one of those unlicensed Broder cards that some guy makes and sells on ebay. Similar to those "Helmar" cards. Not sure why he hasn't been shut down by ebay, MLB, or MLBPA yet.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
That appears to be one of those unlicensed Broder cards that some guy makes and sells on ebay. Similar to those "Helmar" cards. Not sure why he hasn't been shut down by ebay, MLB, or MLBPA yet.

I believe you're correct. He probably gets away with it because he's in a college uniform. It's actually a very nice card so whoever made it was thinking "quality" in my opinion. As far as shutting the guy down, maybe one of his goals in life is to have a line of cards out there and to be able to get licensed correctly, I don't know. My thing that keeps going through my head is that Topps does need a legitimate competitor. Even if you, as a collector, don't like the competitor and only collect Topps, it would still keep Topps on top of their game. Just my $0.02.

NE12BC12

Aug 5, 2011
Another card Beckett does not list. I believe it to be 100% legit.....thoughts/opinions?

2010 Topps Sterling Legendary Leather Five Relic Autographs #5LLAR-59 Dustin Pedroia 2/10

Members online

Latest posts