Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

E Jackson to Cards-Rasmus to Tor -final details page 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
rookieaddict said:
I hated this at first, but I'm coming around. The Cards bullpen improved drastically today. Moving McClellan back to the pen, adding RZhgjfdhgkjfdhgkjhski (Sp?) and Dotel, and removing Miller, Tallet, and Walters really makes the bullpen a lot more predictable.

Rasmus may blossom into something more, but I think a parallel to JD Drew may be accurate. A guy who had a ton of talent, but was never able to consistently put it together.

The team knows for a fact that Albert Pujols is a Cardinal until the end of the year, they're doing everything they can to capitalize on what the have at the moment and win. My only hope is that this doesn't indicate a resignation to the notion that Pujols will be returning.

I just hope we traded Rasmus for a WS championship :D

That I can definitely live with

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I thought everyone around here worshiped the ground Dave Duncan walks on? Wouldn't this finally be the perfect fit for the ultra talented Edwin Jackson that always shows flashes of brilliance with a huge lack of consistency. Isn't St. Louis where bad pitchers turn to average pitchers, average pitchers turn into cy young contenders, and old pitchers resurrect their careers. As for the Rasmus part of the deal, I think Toronto and AA are doing a great job.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Scrabble and Dotel are too "OOGies" and will give you some definite help. Scabble probably has the stuff to be a starter and he's pretty good against righties.

I think your team got better for the next couple of months, but that's assuming that LaRussa continued to drink the hatorade.

As a Jays fan, I'm basically in love with the fact that TLR can run your GM.

Loved the acquisition of Escobar last year, love the acquisition of Rasmus.

All we had to do was eat Teahan's contract, and he's Canadian, so I'm fine with it.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
PeteD said:
stevezimmer22 said:
PeteD said:
A A is on the Fan590 Toronto right now.

Do you have a recap on the interview?

Caught the end of it. There was no mention of what other players might be involved.

Yah, he just said he'd given them a list of a few players -- he may have said 3 or 4 -- that the Cardinals can choose from at the end of this season.

If the Cardinals opt to not pick any of those players, they will get cash.

Everything will be done by the end of this season.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: E Jackson to Cards-Rasmus to Tor - pending

Exposfan said:
Buster_ESPNBuster Olney

The trade: Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet and P.J. Walters for Jackson, Marc Rzepczynski, Dotel and Corey Patterson
Rzep is a stud.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Adamsince1981 said:
FSMW Interview:

* when asked about LaRussa...

Rasmus: "I hope he's happy."

Awesome!

LaRussa sounds like a child there. Keep in mind I have no clue of the context, I could be (and provably am) way off base. But I have no clue why the Cards would devalue Rasmus so much in the weeks leading up to the deadline. At the all-star game they played in the way they should saying he would not be moved and keeping him in the line-up. Showing him off to scouts and allow him to showcase skills, the last week they have been feuding and he hasn't even been a regular. Oh well, they didn't get what they could've for a player with Rasmus celling and potential.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
stevezimmer22 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
FSMW Interview:

* when asked about LaRussa...

Rasmus: "I hope he's happy."

Awesome!

LaRussa sounds like a child there. Keep in mind I have no clue of the context, I could be (and provably am) way off base. But I have no clue why the Cards would devalue Rasmus so much in the weeks leading up to the deadline. At the all-star game they played in the way they should saying he would not be moved and keeping him in the line-up. Showing him off to scouts and allow him to showcase skills, the last week they have been feuding and he hasn't even been a regular. Oh well, they didn't get what they could've for a player with Rasmus celling and potential.

TLR is a ******* that's why

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
In an interview with ESPN radio David Freese said Colby Rasmus will be a multiple time all star and is often misunderstood because he is a quiet guy.

That's nice of Freese. LaRussa is a ***** that plays favorites and Rasmus is yet another player leaving St. Louis with a bad taste in his mouth due to LaRussa.

I wish nothing but the best for him in Toronto.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/27/ra ... --la-russa

TORONTO - “He’s listening to somebody, he doesn’t listen to the Cardinal coaches much and that’s why he gets in these funks. If he would stay with what they teach, he would have ... but I actually feel concern for him, because he hears it from so many places, he’s got to be confused.”

— Tony La Russa on centre fielder Colby Rasmus, to KSDK-TV.

Not so, says the man supposedly in Rasmus’ ear.

“This is the second time Tony has said this in the last three weeks, the statement that Colby is listening to me is 100% fiction,” said Tony Rasmus, father of the Blue Jays’ new centre fielder, from Phenix City, Alabama.

Colby Rasmus, 24, the son was acquired in a busy day of dealing Wednesday.

Tony Rasmus, the father, coaches the Russell County High School Warriors, who won the 2005 national high school title going 38-1 with Colby hitting 24 home runs, breaking Bo Jackson’s Alabama state high school home run record.

Fathers are protective of their sons, it’s part of their job.

Tony Rasmus didn’t throw the first stone, but he was firing back.

In June of 2010 the father visited his son in St. Louis and worked on hitting: “We didn’t do anything serious. Colby told Tony about it. After last June that was the end of that,” said Tony Rasmus, who said four weeks ago the Cards and Colby were involved in talks on a four-year deal.

“Evidently Tony (La Russa) has absolutely made that stuff up. He’s got it on the brain. If I was working with my son I’d tell people.

“Tony needed pitching and wanted to force the GM into making a trade, so he belittled Colby to the fans.”

Besides adding right-handed starter Edwin Jackson, who the Jays had acquired from the White Sox earlier Wednesday, the Cards added relievers Marx Rzepczynski and Octavio Dotel from the Jays.

“Tony would like to have 25 pitchers,” Tony Rasmus said, “like he thinks he has to put his stamp on every ball game. They had nothing else to trade. I think everyone is better off now.”

The father spoke to his son Wednesday.

Said it’s the happiest he’s heard his son since double-A Springfield in 2007.

The father said his son “loved” the fans, the sea of red showing nightly at Busch Stadium and he “loved” the team, but he had a “hard time dealing with all the other stuff. This is a win-win.”

Jeff Luhnow, the Cards’ vice-president of player procurement, made Rasmus his first pick in the 2005 draft, causing La Russa, according to Tony Rasmus, to “make cracks how Colby was Luhnow’s boy and that led to (former GM) Walt Jocketty leaving.”

The father said it’s been like that for three seasons.

Although a year ago it didn’t bother Colby much: 28 doubles, three triples, 23 homers, 66 RBIs, and a .859 OPS which ranked behind Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier and Ryan Braun amongst outfielders last season.

“I’m not flying to Toronto to begin working on his hitting, we weren’t having a video conference every night,” Tony Rasmus said. “The last time I spoke to Colby about hitting, he was telling me what he and (hitting coach) Mike Aldrete had been working on, La Russa has it on the brain that I’m working with him. It’s not true.

“Put a kid on the field, if he’s not good enough to play, put his ass on the bench, never mind all this other stuff.”

Opposing scouts compare Rasmus to a Grady Sizemore or Jim Edmunds type.

His draft year he was clocked at 6.7 seconds over 60 yards.

Tony Rasmus says his son is coming to a “great hitter’s park,” but knows his son won’t be seeing any pitching staffs like the Houston Astros or Chicago Cubs in the American League East.

“I’d be surprised if he doesn’t blossom, being out from under all this,” Tony Rasmus said.

“There are three or four guys in the St. Louis clubhouse right now, thinking ‘oh-oh, who is the manager going to pick on next with Colby gone?’”

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Adamsince1981 said:
stevezimmer22 said:
In an interview with ESPN radio David Freese said Colby Rasmus will be a multiple time all star and is often misunderstood because he is a quiet guy.

That's nice of Freese. LaRussa is a ***** that plays favorites and Rasmus is yet another player leaving St. Louis with a bad taste in his mouth due to LaRussa.

Dude, we get it you dont like TLR.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
George_Calfas said:
Adamsince1981 said:
stevezimmer22 said:

I have my own problems with Tony and Colby both. I'm not taking a side in this. I know how Tony is with some young players, and Colby is a ******* for listening to his dad.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Sam Banks said:
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/27/rasmus-dad-blasts-tony--la-russa

TORONTO - “He’s listening to somebody, he doesn’t listen to the Cardinal coaches much and that’s why he gets in these funks. If he would stay with what they teach, he would have ... but I actually feel concern for him, because he hears it from so many places, he’s got to be confused.”

— Tony La Russa on centre fielder Colby Rasmus, to KSDK-TV.

Not so, says the man supposedly in Rasmus’ ear.

“This is the second time Tony has said this in the last three weeks, the statement that Colby is listening to me is 100% fiction,” said Tony Rasmus, father of the Blue Jays’ new centre fielder, from Phenix City, Alabama.

Colby Rasmus, 24, the son was acquired in a busy day of dealing Wednesday.

Tony Rasmus, the father, coaches the Russell County High School Warriors, who won the 2005 national high school title going 38-1 with Colby hitting 24 home runs, breaking Bo Jackson’s Alabama state high school home run record.

Fathers are protective of their sons, it’s part of their job.

Tony Rasmus didn’t throw the first stone, but he was firing back.

In June of 2010 the father visited his son in St. Louis and worked on hitting: “We didn’t do anything serious. Colby told Tony about it. After last June that was the end of that,” said Tony Rasmus, who said four weeks ago the Cards and Colby were involved in talks on a four-year deal.

“Evidently Tony (La Russa) has absolutely made that stuff up. He’s got it on the brain. If I was working with my son I’d tell people.

“Tony needed pitching and wanted to force the GM into making a trade, so he belittled Colby to the fans.”

Besides adding right-handed starter Edwin Jackson, who the Jays had acquired from the White Sox earlier Wednesday, the Cards added relievers Marx Rzepczynski and Octavio Dotel from the Jays.

“Tony would like to have 25 pitchers,” Tony Rasmus said, “like he thinks he has to put his stamp on every ball game. They had nothing else to trade. I think everyone is better off now.”

The father spoke to his son Wednesday.

Said it’s the happiest he’s heard his son since double-A Springfield in 2007.

The father said his son “loved” the fans, the sea of red showing nightly at Busch Stadium and he “loved” the team, but he had a “hard time dealing with all the other stuff. This is a win-win.”

Jeff Luhnow, the Cards’ vice-president of player procurement, made Rasmus his first pick in the 2005 draft, causing La Russa, according to Tony Rasmus, to “make cracks how Colby was Luhnow’s boy and that led to (former GM) Walt Jocketty leaving.”

The father said it’s been like that for three seasons.

Although a year ago it didn’t bother Colby much: 28 doubles, three triples, 23 homers, 66 RBIs, and a .859 OPS which ranked behind Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier and Ryan Braun amongst outfielders last season.

“I’m not flying to Toronto to begin working on his hitting, we weren’t having a video conference every night,” Tony Rasmus said. “The last time I spoke to Colby about hitting, he was telling me what he and (hitting coach) Mike Aldrete had been working on, La Russa has it on the brain that I’m working with him. It’s not true.

“Put a kid on the field, if he’s not good enough to play, put his ass on the bench, never mind all this other stuff.”

Opposing scouts compare Rasmus to a Grady Sizemore or Jim Edmunds type.

His draft year he was clocked at 6.7 seconds over 60 yards.

Tony Rasmus says his son is coming to a “great hitter’s park,” but knows his son won’t be seeing any pitching staffs like the Houston Astros or Chicago Cubs in the American League East.

“I’d be surprised if he doesn’t blossom, being out from under all this,” Tony Rasmus said.

“There are three or four guys in the St. Louis clubhouse right now, thinking ‘oh-oh, who is the manager going to pick on next with Colby gone?’”

hmmmm, the loud mouth, overbearing Dad, is running his mouth in a LONG interview? And you guys don't think this piece of trash is an issue? Umm, yeah, he is. I know you Cardinals fans aren't gullable enough to believe everything he says, right? God I hope you aren't.

If I was Colby, this would be easy. "dad, shut the F*ck up, NOW!" He makes his son look bad, no doubt about it.

skrip

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Adamsince1981 said:
stevezimmer22 said:

He's a POS.

Members online

Latest posts