Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay feedback - PWE

What kind of eBay feedback does $3 PWE shipping merit?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Hey, folks. I apologize if this has been discussed before (I am sure that it has). But I am fairly new here and wanted to get your perspective on a minor issue that I am debating.

Today, I received a '10 BC prospect blue refractor auto in the mail... in a PWE. It appears that the card did arrive safely, but when I went to leave feedback, I saw that I paid almost $3.00 to the seller to cover shipping. One would think that a $20+ card would merit safer packaging, so I am debating what kind of feedback to leave. At this point, negative is most likely out for me - it's between neutral and positive. But regardless of what I ultimately decide, I will mention the PWE packaging in my comments.

So, which feedback would you leave? I'll include a poll so that I get a numerical return in addition to comments. Many thanks, guys!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Many people will say that so long as the card makes it to you safely, it doesn't matter what it's shipped in.

Personally, I'd be willing to leave negative or neutral for a PWE if $3 is charged. It's clear that the seller is violating written terms of eBay's agreement.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
If card was safe, I'd say positive.

Just leave a comment about PWE for the next prospective buyer in comments.

And reflect it in shipping cost rating.

cartertr

Jun 27, 2010
Definitely not positive. Its close between neutral and negative. I often to low end trades for singles with people and we just agree to thrown them in a top loader in a PWE with a single stamp in the mailbox. It sounds like thats what this guy did. You paid 3.00 or something that should have cost 0.50. As long as the card is in nice condition and the card wasn't ripped, I'd probably give a neutral rating.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
First I am glad it arrived OK. My opinion on the matter is if the card arrived OK, I would leave a postive.
The seller is the one taking a chance. It easily could have arrived damaged or you as the buyer could have claimed it was never received and the seller would have no proof of delivery. Since when making the pruchase you were aware of the shipping charge and calculated it into how much you were willing to spend on the card, and it arrived in the condition stated I would leave a postive

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I hardly ever buy on ebay anyway, but I pay little attention to those ratings, so what's the point? The only places I really buy from are 'stores' that I've heard of or are well known.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Neutral, 1 star shipping and post it in the comment when leaving feedback.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jeff550 said:
DWright5 said:
If card was safe, I'd say positive.

Just leave a comment about PWE for the next prospective buyer in comments.

And reflect it in shipping cost rating.
+1

+2

If your card got there safely, don't ding him on the feedback, just give him a 1 star for shipping cost.

Chances are if he continues shipping like this, he will have a problem and someone's card WILL be damaged in the mail. This person will leave them negative feedback. But since yours got there safely, just do positive and explain the issue in the comments.

pac213up

Feb 9, 2009
If the card got to me safely definitely a positive BUT also definitely a 1 Star rating in shipping costs.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
You are paying for Shipping and Handling not just shipping.. He is taking the risk of having the card damaged in the mail.. If the card got to you safe without any damage, why complain? You paid to have the card delivered to you.. it got to you.. you just don"t like the fact he is making money off the S&H fees.. Leave him positive and ding him on the S&H fees..

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
It's a hard question. I've received two $3 shipping PWE items this week. I usually email the seller and tell them what I think of their shipping. If they don't respond I leave a neutral or a positive with crappy stars.

I get where the argument comes from that says if you received the item you can't leave anything but positive, but on the same note the seller has an obligation to provide moderately priced shipping. Yes, they can charge handling, but not 6x their actual cost.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
You guys who want to leave a neutral/negative do realize that shipping is a SMALL percentage of the overall transaction, right? It's like ordering a combo meal at a fast food joint and them not having a lid and straw for your soda. But I paid for it! How dare they! Yet, how should it affect your meal if you're eating there?

You bought a card and received it, hopefully in a timely manner, and the card arrived in the expected condition. Leaving a positive for the transaction seems very acceptable.

However, I am no fan of PWE, ESPECIALLY when they buyer is quoting you $3 and you're expecting a bubble mailer or some other better protection for your purchase.

Here again, there's a way to react to that, in the DSRs.

Would you knock a restaurant if the food was as expected but the service was lousy? I'd give it good feedback for the food and in the comments mention how bad the service was.

It just seems funny when people are so happy to pull the neg trigger and yet do the same people have fits when they get a neutral or negative?

And if my opinion on PWEs wasn't clear -- they're just wrong for sending cards, plain and simple unless the buyer and seller agree to it.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I would at the very least ding him on shipping and mention the PWE in my comments if leaving a positive. Sellers shouldn't be rewarded because they got lucky and the card arrived safely. If your margins are so low that you have to scam people on shipping and can't afford a bubble mailer, maybe selling cards on ebay is not for you.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Ugh, this is hardly worth a neutral/negative. Did you have a bad experience with this transaction?? I'm guessing no, therefore, no need for a neutral/negative. The feedback is there for the transaction AS A WHOLE. The DSR's are there for the specifics. And if you are REALLY that hard up on paying $3 and getting a PWE, email the seller first and see if he'll refund you a $1 or $1.50, and EXPLAIN what the issue is.

Once again, people unwilling to COMMUNICATE prior to jumping to negative/neutral feedback, or unwilling to utilize the feedback/DSR's for what it's there for.

If you truly felt this transaction was a negative experience, then by all means, leave a negative...but I'd damn well hope that you have something more than "used a PWE" to make your transaction a negative experience.

Members online

Latest posts