Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay/PayPal Hacked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Woke up this morning to an email notification from PayPal confirming that I'd purchased 6 old magazines and had them sent to a PO Box in Louisiana. The total of the hit was $30 and some change.

I filed a complaint with PayPal, changed my passwords, password questions and added a security code to my login. Do I need to do anything else? Something through eBay?? Anyone heard of this scam before??

So weird. Thanks for any help.
Joel

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Does it matter if you have money in there for them to "use" or is it just for if you have a credit card linked?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
One of the 6 items has been credited back to my account.

Looks like Paypal is basically making each seller decide if they want to refund me??? Sucks for the sellers and I have no clue why a scammer would buy 6 $5 old magazines from 6 different sellers and have it all sent to a PO Box in Louisiana.

Dumb.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
That is strange. Any idea what kind of magazines they needed so badly?
Dell Pocket Word Search-September 2016 EditionCountry Magazine - March 1996Oprah Magazine - Cutting Sugar for the SummerEpi-Log Magazine - July 1992Playboys Midnight Playmates - 1990What a weirdo

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Probably a script or something that just looked for a random item in a random category, not a specific Oprah-scammer. But the presence of a Playboy explains a lot.

Members online

Latest posts