Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Group Sub - March Submission - Post Lists Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
This doesn't appear to always be the case. The 1961 Topps Brooks Robinson was mine and clearly isn't with the rest of my cards. I'm not so much upset with the grades as I am the possiblilty that any of those cards could have been mixed up b/c there are no clear identifiers on them.

I thank you as a Administrator for running the submission's for the board, but I do find it dissapointing that you are not willing to follow the Terms of Service that is listed for these submissions.

If I would have realized this would have been the case I would have taken the Swihart base auto's out of my submission even though I was the first to list them in the submission thread.

My apologies about your grades. Is it possible that Swihart was not on your original list and you edited it at a later date? I think edit tags did not carry over from the old board. Could be wrong though.

I contacted Phil about Archie Bradleys I needed to sub for April. There were already some being submitted and he said it wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm 100% confident that all cards are given back to the proper subbers.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
I always scan my cards before I send them out to Phil just so I can compare the autographs when they come back since each autograph is unique. I have always received the exact cards back.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
My apologies about your grades. Is it possible that Swihart was not on your original list and you edited it at a later date? I think edit tags did not carry over from the old board. Could be wrong though.

I contacted Phil about Archie Bradleys I needed to sub for April. There were already some being submitted and he said it wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm 100% confident that all cards are given back to the proper subbers.

Sadly that wasn't the case. I didn't edit my thread and I was the first one to list those cards. Again I am not upset at the grades of the cards. It is just the idea that anything can happen. I trust that those are indeed my cards and I feel that masonphillips does a good job in running the submission here. My problem is that there is never any real way to insure these cards can't become mixed up at some point between the time myself or anyone else submits cards that have no identifiers on them. What would happen if at the point in time the person submitting all of these cards for us gets the cards mixed up for whatever reason. Accidents do happen, but according to the TOS this should never have happened.

As I have already said, if I was aware that someone else was submitting the same base cards as me I would have pulled mine from the submission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Sadly that wasn't the case. I didn't edit my thread and I was the first one to list those cards. Again I am not upset at the grades of the cards. It is just the idea that anything can happen. I trust that those are indeed my cards and I feel that masonphillips does a good job in running the submission here. My problem is that there is never any real way to insure these cards can't become mixed up at some point between the time myself or anyone else submits cards that have no identifiers on them. What would happen if at the point in time the person submitting all of these cards for us gets the cards mixed up for whatever reason. Accidents do happen, but according to the TOS this should never have happened.

As I have already said, if I was aware that someone else was submitting the same base cards as me I would have pulled mine from the submission.

I don't know what to tell you at this point except

1. Sorry the TOS didn't get edited
2. I am certain they are your cards
3. If you feel the risk is too great then that is something you'll have to take into consideration going forward.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I do the same. All of my cards are scanned in my photobucket.

I actually find it beneficial that Phil bends that rule of the TOS. If for some reason, you don't get your cards, he'll make it up to you. I have always gotten mine.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
This was the one card that blew me away the most.

thelesquad7179996Baseball1983 ToppsRyne Sandberg RC9.5

Just never imagined seeing a 29 year old card grade out like that.

thelesquad 7179996 Baseball 1983 Topps Ryne Sandberg RC 9.5 View

Not bad for a first-time one-card submission. I knew the card looked good and was hoping for an awesome grade, but I don't think I wholeheartedly thought it would. I spent around $5 for the card. It will be forever in my PC.

Thank you for the group sub!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Got mine in today. THANK YOU!

1983_topps_bgs_95_83_ryne_sandberg.png

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
got mine in, thanks alot!!!!...stll have no idea how that arod/ripken got a 9 autograph though (i have many cards and seen many other cards that got ten that are not as good as these two sigs, happy with the 9.5 condition though)

scan0002-3.jpg

scan0001-2.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Got mine as well! Seems like the grader was more honest/strict this month.

Thanks for the sub!

Members online