Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fleer Classic Clippings "FINAL (ish) Edition"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
So I intentionally bought this "Final Edition" Roger Clemens on eBay a few weeks ago. 'Finally' (hehe, get it??) getting around to this thread. I bought it KNOWING that there is uncertainty on these as "One of Ones". This one is NOT stamped 1/1. So there SHOULD BE a 1/1 STAMPED version in someone's stash. Does anyone here have it?

I think these are funny because, CLEARLY, there are more than 1. I've scoured it, its certainly not a "reprint". I dont see any evidence of the "Final Edition" at the top of the reverse being added later, though maybe I'm missing it. I'm curious how many of these are REALLY out there?

My suspicion is more than a handful, because I think old Fleer employees scored a LOT of backdoor stuff at the end as a "severence package" in their minds. I know I've bought some stuff, proofs etc, that were never supposed to exist. Clearly, this card is at LEAST a "2/1" if not way more. Did anyone ever pin down a Fleer former staffer and sort this out already for certain ?

Thoughts? Witty Banter?

Patrick @ Radicards had a cool video years ago which I did post on today and he replied, thanks Patrick!

Attachments

• Clemens Final Edition.jpg
    Clemens Final Edition.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Replacement card from bankruptcy sale?

That's accepted theory I guess. Would love to see the stamped one, or any of the other "replacements" that might be out there. Dunno how you stamp something "1/1" when you made others. The stamp is worthless at that point. But then... they're out of business lol

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That's accepted theory I guess. Would love to see the stamped one, or any of the other "replacements" that might be out there. Dunno how you stamp something "1/1" when you made others. The stamp is worthless at that point. But then... they're out of business lol
It's not worthless. They're always going to make at least 1 replacement copy in case that 1/1 that was packed out is damaged in transit. The replacement copy should have been destroyed after a certain amount of time but wasn't. It happens.

aacard

Nov 5, 2020
I have a ton of these kinds of cards from 2005 Fleer products that are supposed to be low volume serial numbered cards. You can see on the back of the card where the serial number would have been printed. I was told that these came out of Fleer's bankruptcy sales.

Members online

Latest posts