Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FOUR base cards in Exqusite box beat that

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Customer opened the box in front of me and got, by far, the worst break in the history of this or anyother crazy priced pack.

3 BASE CARDS, a REDEMPTION for a common rookie press plate (how can that even happen?) and a JJ whoever auto patch.

Keep in mind that plate is NOT AUTOD so since hes a common rookie, Ill consider that a base card.

Needless to say, I was on the horn to UD asap. They promised to make it right, really right and not in a "heres an auto patch of Starbury" kind of way.

Anyone else every heard of anything close to this debacle?

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I heard some guy opened up a case and out of the first 2 boxes, he pulled 3-4 base cards like your guy did. Needless to say he didnt open the 3rd box and he started crying. I would too I guess if I paid that much money and came out with 80% base cards.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It's not that uncommon.

I've had one base, one parallel/50, one rookie parallel base/25, a rookie auto patch and a plate redemption 1/1 in a box as well.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
cwc2002 said:
I heard some guy opened up a case and out of the first 2 boxes, he pulled 3-4 base cards like your guy did. Needless to say he didnt open the 3rd box and he started crying. I would too I guess if I paid that much money and came out with 80% base cards.
That sucks. I would not buy this product unless I knew I could take the lost.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Pine Tar said:
This is why this product (price) is never worth the gamble.

That's right. If you buy boxes you're bound to have a terrible box or two, it's the law of averages. If you're prepared to gamble like that you should be prepared to take the losses and not complain about it.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
flightposite said:
How can this happen, I thought Exquisite was ALL hand packed to ensure it wouldn't?

Every box will have a base card/125 and a rookie patch auto. The remaining three will be "hits". In UD's eyes, a plate rookie 1/1 is as good as an autograph (see ud black), a parallel veteran gold/50 is as good as a jersey/50 (I would rather have a gold kobe than a maggette jersey), and a rookie parallel/25 would be as good as an autograph/50 ( I would rather have a westbrook gold parallel/25 than a bonzi wells autograph/25). That's how they justify it. They are all "hits" even though it is not autographed or has any material on it. Some base card parallels are better than some autos/jerseys.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
cwc2002 said:

never. leave. the. last. box. from. exquisite. especially. if. hit. did. not. pop. out.

dave

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
brouthercard said:
flightposite said:
How can this happen, I thought Exquisite was ALL hand packed to ensure it wouldn't?

Every box will have a base card/125 and a rookie patch auto. The remaining three will be "hits". In UD's eyes, a plate rookie 1/1 is as good as an autograph (see ud black), a parallel veteran gold/50 is as good as a jersey/50 (I would rather have a gold kobe than a maggette jersey), and a rookie parallel/25 would be as good as an autograph/50 ( I would rather have a westbrook gold parallel/25 than a bonzi wells autograph/25). That's how they justify it. They are all "hits" even though it is not autographed or has any material on it. Some base card parallels are better than some autos/jerseys.
i think chri5784 from youtube said something similar to this. if you get a plate it counts as a hit, and there is usually no other auto besides the rookie patch auto.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
There was a post the other day where someone had a video break of a high-end UD pack and the box was empyty..

Ouch..

I think the JJ might be JJ Putz..

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Pinbreaker said:
There was a post the other day where someone had a video break of a high-end UD pack and the box was empyty..

Ouch..

I think the JJ might be JJ Putz..

I think it was 2008 ultimate football. At least they got it on film...

qdouby8

Aug 19, 2008
The Redemption is Autod. Even though it doesn't say it, the redemption is autographed. Why would they have a redemption for a base card anyway? It is autographed.

Members online

Latest posts