Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free To Good Home - Low End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My comments are observations in response to the comment by SINFULONE. I agree that mutual participation is a good thing and eventually if someone is claiming cards to flip or sell, the generosity will end. I am not disputing that.

If I offered any suggestion for improvement (any maybe it is done already), I would probably request or even require that anyone claiming something needs to either quote or reference the original offerer so that they are alerted to the request, since many may not check back frequently and it could be missed.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
There has been a certain level of expectation with this thread, at least in recent times. It almost makes you feel guilty to claim something. The cards are offered free, but you are expected to contribute cards yourself and to "not be greedy and abusive" with claims. Both are very reasonable expectations, but is it really a "free" card if it comes with conditions. Maybe that is why people are shying away?

I posted some things a while back and didn't even get a sniff. I have also claimed two singles, both I would consider to be fairly low end items.

The format of a thread might be a downfall, because with all the side comments and such, the actual free cards that don't get claimed are pushed further back into the thread and most people aren't going to wade through dozens of old pages in hopes something is still left unclaimed. I don't really have a suggestion as to a better way to offer though.

Just thought we would see new names instead of the same posters over and over.But that's OK, whatever keeps it alive.With such cheap cards being made available "the greedy and abusive" doesn't really apply, at least I didn't think it did.I suppose cards are not really "free", but really all it is putting a 50 cent stamp on an envelope to get rid of junk cards that aren't wanted anymore.Certainly not going to keep me from paying other bills.

Side comments seem to be few and far between.Just felt like stating my opinion.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Well I haven't posted anything up in a bit and I ended up claiming the McGriff card. I was working on the 1980 Burger King registry set once upon a time. I am more focused now and would rather post these up here than try to get a few bucks a piece for these on EBay.. Please guys notify any player or team collectors that you think might want these. Prefer people just claim one of these so I can spread them out. Please quote me if claiming and send me a PM.

Guidry, Niekro and Seaver claimed.

BK1.jpgBK2.jpg

Last edited:

Tzvih123

Feb 21, 2014
Long Island,NY
Well I haven't posted anything up in a bit and I ended up claiming the McGriff card. I was working on the 1980 Burger King registry set once upon a time. I am more focused now and would rather post these up here than try to get a few bucks a piece for these on EBay.. Please guys notify any player or team collectors that you think might want these. Prefer people just claim one of these so I can spread them out. Please quote me if claiming and send me a PM.

View attachment 37337View attachment 37338

Can I please claim the Seaver ?

I've claimed a lot from this thread but haven't given anything yet so here it goes:
20140628_220441-1.jpg
Sorry for the bad pic, but the cards are:
1991 Toys R Us Frank Thomas RC - CLAIMED
1983 Topps Gary Carter
1981 Fleer Mike Schmidt
2011 Topps Diamond Stars Roy Halladay - CLAIMED
2013 Topps Chrome David Ortiz Refractor (I actually got it from here, but it no longer has that *Pizzaz*, so I'll pass it along to someone who will appreciate it more - CLAIMED
2013 Bowman Jim Thome 89 Browman blue refractor reprint - CLAIMED
2013 Topps Chrome Matt Jemp purple refractor
2013 Panini Team 20-20 Manny Machado
2013 Gypsy Queen Glove Stories Bryce Harper - CLAIMED
2010 Opening Day Madison Bumgarner RC
2013 Topps Update Nolan Arenado Walmart Blue RC

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Would like to claim Guidry

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
Can I please claim the Seaver ?

I've claimed a lot from this thread but haven't given anything yet so here it goes:
View attachment 37340
Sorry for the bad pic, but the cards are:
1991 Toys R Us Frank Thomas RC
1983 Topps Gary Carter
1981 Fleer Mike Schmidt
2011 Topps Diamond Stars Roy Halladay
2013 Topps Chrome David Ortiz Refractor (I actually got it from here, but it no longer has that *Pizzaz*, so I'll pass it along to someone who will appreciate it more
2013 Bowman Jim Thome 89 Browman blue refractor reprint
2013 Topps Chrome Matt Jemp purple refractor
2013 Panini Team 20-20 Manny Machado
2013 Gypsy Queen Glove Stories Bryce Harper
2010 Opening Day Madison Bumgarner RC
2013 Topps Update Nolan Arenado Walmart Blue RC

can an I claim Halladay and Ortiz?

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014

Guidry and Seaver claimed.

Hey Ben, could I possibly claim the Niekro? It would fit great in my Braves collection.

Thanks,
Mike

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Guidry, Niekro and Seaver claimed.

What set is Pinch, Hit, & Run?

Members online

Latest posts