Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game Score Contest: Signup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here's my latest creation for you all to play.

The contest will start on Sunday May 15th and run through the last day of games before the All-Star break on Sunday July 10th.

This contest is entirely free to enter, but if anyone would care to donate a modest pack certified autograph (< $15 Ebay value), we can have even more winners!

This signup thread will run through Saturday, May 14th.

Any questions, just ask. Good luck.

Overview

1. Each contestant is given a "calendar" that runs from May 15th - July 10th. Each day features a group of 3 major league teams.

2. Go to ESPN's Daily Leaders pitching page and add up each of your team's starting pitching Game Scores for that day (the far right column labeled "ESPN*").

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/dailyleaders/_/type/pitching

How to Win

1. If you are the first person to report a combined single day total of exactly 200 points, you'll win $20 cash via Paypal.

2. If you are the first person to report a combined 3 consecutive day total of exactly 500 points, you'll win a 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen autographed card of Jose Bautista ($20-30 Ebay value)

3. If you are the first person to report a combined 7 consecutive day total of exactly 1,000 points, you'll win a 2011 Topps Tribute triple autographed card of David Price, Clayton Kershaw, and Jon Lester (#19/24)

Notes

1. If a team does not play on a given day, their game score is zero.

2. If you have the same team listed more than once on the same day, you must count their score for each time they appear.

What is a Game Score?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_score

1. Start with 50 points.
2. Add 1 point for each out recorded, so 3 points for every complete inning pitched.
3. Add 2 points for each inning completed after the 4th.
4. Add 1 point for each strikeout.
5. Subtract 2 points for each hit allowed.
6. Subtract 4 points for each earned run allowed.
7. Subtract 2 points for each unearned run allowed.
8. Subtract 1 point for each walk.

Sample Calendar

aaaa.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Re: Let's Play Game Score Encore! (Yes, it's free)

I'd be interested in playing. Thank you!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

I'll give it a shot. If you reach one of the point requirements, I guess we should PM you with the information?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

muskiesfan said:
I'll give it a shot. If you reach one of the point requirements, I guess we should PM you with the information?

Yup, just send me a PM with the date/dates that equal one of the exact totals. If you're the first, you win the autograph. Simple as that!

This should take no more than 30 seconds of your time to play each day.

I'll have everyone's "calendar" posted later this week.

Good luck!

G

Re: Game Score Encore Contest (Yes, it's free)

Sign me up for it, sounds difficult but fun

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'll take a shot at it. Can't pass up an opportunity at a Lester auto - even if there are a couple other bums on the card. :p

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Do you go by the entire team's stats, or only the starter?

I'm pretty sure it's just the starter.

I'm curious about the points. I looked again and it says "exactly". So if I score 210 one day, I still wouldn't win because it's not exactly 200, correct?

Just want to make sure I have it all down before it starts.

G

muskiesfan said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

I'm curious about the points. I looked again and it says "exactly". So if I score 210 one day, I still wouldn't win because it's not exactly 200, correct?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what exactly means ;)

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
muskiesfan said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

1. Yes, Game Scores are calculated only for starting pitchers

2. Yes, in order to win, you must have exactly the total shown (200 for 1 day, 500 for 3 consecutive days, or 1000 for 7 consecutive days)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
GoldenBuckeyes said:
muskiesfan said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what exactly means ;)

I was pretty sure that's why he used exactly, but I thought it would be best to find out exactly what it meant. ;)

Members online

Latest posts