Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 MLB Playoff Contest: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My goal for the rest of this contest is solely to finish ahead of @JVHaste. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You've got a great shot with those 3x multipliers. My bonus pick was Rick Porcello, so I'm a bit outmanned right now. :whistle: Still, if I get him out of the slow toiling fantasy claims court I think that would be worth a 6x multiplier. . . . then he would only have to sign with a team. :unsure:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I have almost zero change of beating @metallicalex777. All my players but one are on his roster, and he has higher multipliers on the WS picks. Best I can hope for is first loser :D

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I have almost zero change of beating @metallicalex777. All my players but one are on his roster, and he has higher multipliers on the WS picks. Best I can hope for is first loser :D

While it does seem like it’s @metallicalex777 ’s to lose, I still see several paths to victory if you include a few other teams.

Either way, it almost definitely comes down to the WS picks.

We shall find out soon enough!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@MrMet, @thelesquad, @WCTYSON, @Gwynn545, @clarkzac, @Dazed, @metallicalex777, @dano7, @mrmopar, @deaconblues63, @gt2590, @JVHaste, @banjar, @chippernate, @Letch77

THROUGH OCT 30th

SCORING W/ ESPN GAME SCORE LINKS:

HITTERS

PITCHERS

scoring.jpg

STANDINGS

Green = jump in the standings
Red = drop in the standings
White = no change

standings.jpg

WORLD SERIES BONUS PICKS W/ MULTIPLIERS
These players must place in the top 15 daily Game Scores to count. All other player scoring remains unchanged.

ws-jpg.314982

In a stunning development, @WCTYSON skyrocketed from 4th to 1st last night, thus ending @Gwynn545 's incredible 22 day run as the leader. That's right, he assumed 1st on Oct 8th and never looked back until last night.

@WCTYSON also has the luxury of Valdez starting tonight, but this race is still not over.

@Gwynn545 and @metallicalex777 are both less than 100 points behind, and combined with @WCTYSON, 4 out of their 6 World Series picks are unique.

Anything can happen!

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was going to say that I'd be happy with keeping my 8th place spot, but I see I even lost that! I have not checked in since the Dodgers were eliminated. The funk was heavy....

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Jorge Soler!!!!!! Well, I tried!!! Down to only one player and he came through, but I really needed every other player in the series to do nothing! Super fun contest, though! Definitely made the series more fun to watch!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@MrMet, @thelesquad, @WCTYSON, @Gwynn545, @clarkzac, @Dazed, @metallicalex777, @dano7, @mrmopar, @deaconblues63, @gt2590, @JVHaste, @banjar, @chippernate, @Letch77

THROUGH NOVEMBER 2nd

SCORING W/ ESPN GAME SCORE LINKS:

HITTERS

PITCHERS

scoring.jpg

FINAL STANDINGS

Green = jump in the standings
Red = drop in the standings
White = no change

standings.jpg

WORLD SERIES BONUS PICKS W/ MULTIPLIERS
These players must place in the top 15 daily Game Scores to count. All other player scoring remains unchanged.

ws.jpg

POSTSCRIPT

The Atlanta Braves are World Champions for the first time in 26 years. Congrats to them and all their fans!

As for this little diversion, it came down to one batter in the final game.

Had Travis d'Arnaud simply recorded a top 15 Game Score in last night's clincher,
@metallicalex777 would have been the champion. That's how close it was.

Alas, it was not meant to be. Instead,
@WCTYSON takes the crown and can thank Aledmys Diaz and Dansby Swanson for both notching a top 15 Game Score. Had even one of them missed the cut, @metallicalex777 would be basking in the faux-glory.

Kudos to both for a hard fought battle to the very end!

And to
@WCTYSON, congrats!!! Please send me a PM with your choice of a Paypal gift or a mystery card featuring one of your final 6 players.

A special shout-out also goes to @Gwynn545 for his 3 week+ long stranglehold on first place and his deft choice of Soler as a WS bonus pick. Jorge racked up a staggering 1,144 points, but unfortunately it was too little, too late. Morton's injury and half a Maldonado was just not enough to carry you through. Nonetheless, well done!

Lastly, a big thanks to everyone who joined! I always appreciate your participation. Prize or no prize, I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Until next time...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Happy with 6th, after dropping out of the top 10.
GREAT Contest!!!!!
Thanks for sponsoring and had fun checking the scoring each day!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the contest Chris! I blame Lance McCullers for my downfall. Could have made it interesting if he wouldn't have gotten hurt, but that's the way the cookie crumbles

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Huge congrats to the winners!!!

This was a fantastic contest! Not that I wouldn't have watched every game anyway (because I love playoff baseball), but this gave me something extra to root for. Your contests are always so creative, @cjedmonton - thank you for all of them! I hope to play in more next season and if you need any help with them, let me know. (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts