Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordo to retire as Twins Radio Announcer after this season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowman Chromie

Nov 18, 2008
I've been a Twins fan all my life, and all I can say is that it's about time. Gordo has a great radio voice, but sucks at calling games. My favorite is "Fly ball, way way back....and...caught in short center." Or when he mistook Torii Hunter for Michael Cuddyer. I've also gone listening to a game for 37 minutes before he said the score. He had a great career, but I think it's time to move on.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Bowman Chromie said:
I've been a Twins fan all my life, and all I can say is that it's about time. Gordo has a great radio voice, but sucks at calling games. My favorite is "Fly ball, way way back....and...caught in short center." Or when he mistook Torii Hunter for Michael Cuddyer. I've also gone listening to a game for 37 minutes before he said the score. He had a great career, but I think it's time to move on.

Yeah... but I LOVE his voice... I used to turn the car radio on as far up as it would go, and work outside (or play catch with my dad) while listening to him. I agree, he is getting a wee bit old, but still cool!

He is also a cool guy in person. Always willing to sign an autograph. I actually have 4 (I might have lost one).

2 Pocket Schedules (missing one)
1 synthetic leather baseball (Inscribed "Touch 'Em All!)
1 OMLB (most recent addition)

I just have to have him sign a copy of Little Big League (and I need Griffey to sign it too, but Gordon's sig has to be bigger and in a liquid gold sharpie)

Members online

Latest posts