Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got LASIK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting how people like arod305 panicked after last season and sold their Hosmers for pennies on the dollar. Sometimes you just gotta be patient.

I still have mine.

RS17.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:
Interesting how people like arod305 panicked after last season and sold their Hosmers for pennies on the dollar. Sometimes you just gotta be patient.

I still have mine.

Are you kidding me?

That was BG's fault, not Hosmer.

His USA cards fell as well, not just his Razor.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:

I still have mine.

Are you kidding me?

That was BG's fault, not Hosmer.

His USA cards fell as well, not just his Razor.

Every failed prospect from last year in Razor products was the fault of BG and only BG. If you didn't notice, he was actually the one on the mound or in the batters box. Such a shame for a company to take on that kind of pressure.

Sarcasm JP.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
allstarauction said:
Russ S. said:
jbhofmann said:
LASIK = PED
Really? ::facepalm::
That's a ridiculous opinion!

I could actually see an arguement that would side with this... Players 10-15+ years ago didn't have this option.
Come on man.
Be real.

It's the same as saying a player can't have Tommy John, or ANY time of surgery for an injury. (muscle tear, broken bone, ect.)
It's not really enhancing or giving the player an advantage.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
allstarauction said:
[quote="Russ S.":2i3jbxx5]
jbhofmann said:
LASIK = PED

I could actually see an arguement that would side with this... Players 10-15+ years ago didn't have this option.
Come on man.
Be real.

It's the same as saying a player can't have Tommy John, or ANY time of surgery for an injury. (muscle tear, broken bone, ect.)
It's not really enhancing or giving the player an advantage.[/quote:2i3jbxx5]

There are "legal" substances that make you test postive for PED in MLB, How dumb is that?

A lot of things over the years have changed, and I would side with if it is a legal substance to a US citizen then it should be legal in MLB, but that simply isn't true.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with Lasik being a PED, I just think an arguement could be made that it was and it is not as far fetched as some of your responses make it. If MLB can justify male "bedroom" pills as illegal then I wouldn't be shocked to see the arguement made against Lasik. The whole system is screwy, but thats another subject.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Russ S. said:
allstarauction said:
[quote="Russ S.":1w51q4q6]
jbhofmann said:
LASIK = PED

Come on man.
Be real.

It's not really enhancing or giving the player an advantage.[/quote:1w51q4q6]

They could also have worn contacts or glasses. Lasik is easier, and can give better and more consistent results, but the players 20 years ago didn't just have to hope they had 20/20 vision to behin with.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
jbhofmann said:
sheetskout said:
jbhofmann said:
Russ S. said:
jbhofmann said:
LASIK = PED

Sometimes A Reader Can't understand An author'S Meaning.

So you have to spell it out for them.

Sometimes an author is too vague.

Sometimes the mood here is too serious.

I guess I'm the only one who saw the sarcasm in the initial post..just to let you know, jbhofmann, you're not alone and some people do understand sarcasm when they see it.

Anyway, good to see Hosmer is back on track. I like when players are able to turn it around, similar to what Brian McCann did last year with his glasses.

Ant

Members online

Latest posts