Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy Birthday to Ryan Getzlaf and.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ME!!!!! :D :lol:

I celebrate the same Birthday, May 10th, as my 2nd favorite Hockey Player, Ryan Getzlaf!! :D

Post up some Ryan Getzlaf cards if you got em!!! ;)

I have a small but "decent" Ryan Getzlaf personal collection. Mostly rookie year stuff ( I think i own all of Getzlafs TRUE RC's, except for his CUP RC), here's a few of my favorites...

Ryan Getzlaf, Calgary Hitmen, cardboard standee...

oian1f.jpg
71sdy0.jpg

2005/06 Ryan Getzlaf SPX Jsy/Auto RC's (both multi-colored :p )

11agvh1.jpg

2005/06 SP Game Used Autodraft /19 and SPGU GOLD RC /25

29w7qfr.jpg

2004/05 ITG Heroes and Prospects with Calgary Hitmen Patches/Swatches :D
2q16o44.jpg

The Cup Honorable Numbers Getzlaf/Heatley

10wuuk8.jpg

2002/03 Ryan Getzlaf Calgary Hitmen Team issued card

dwf9ls.jpg

Autographed Stanley Cup 8X10 from AJ's in Toronto

11986qc.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
getzlafUDRC.jpg

and

getzlafBDgemography.jpg

This was an SP in the 08/09 Gemography set.

Getzlaf is a great player. Good shared birthday. Not as good as me sharing a b-day with Gretzky, lol ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Thanks guys!!! :D :D :D

I have a ton more Getzlaf cards in my PC, i just don't have anymore pictures or scans at the time being. With Ryan Getzlaf playing four years with the Calgary Hitmen he became one of my favorite players, so when he joined in the NHL it was only natural that i collect a bunch of his rookie cards. Getzlaf stuff was actually quite cheap during his rookie year, as he didn't get drafted until 19th overall and didn't enter the NHL or the hobby for that matter, with a ton of fanfare.

Actually it was another Calgary Hitmen player, Andrew Ladd, who played with Getzlaf in WHL Calgary and both entered the NHL as rookies in 05/06 that had all the fanfare and the popularity in the Hobby, as Ladd was drafted 4th overall.

In Fact Andrew Ladd RCs were priced 2-4X higher then that of Ryan Getzlaf in 05/06 and since Ladd was pretty expensive, it was just common sense to start up a Getzlaf collection.

A couple of my Favorite Getzlaf cards are pictured above. I love, love, love the 2005/06 SP Game Used Auto Draft set, where the autographed card was serial numbered to the players draft postion. This set, especially the lower numbered cards under 30, have really dried up on the secondary market since their release.

Another one of my favorites and actually i love these cards every single year, are the SP Game Used GOLD RC Parallels /25. While these cards aren't overly popular with the general hobby, for some reason i just adore the SPGU Gold RCs and the older ones from the early to mid 2000's have also really dried up on the secondary market as well.

I think he recent years though, the SPGU Golds are out of /50 now instead of /25 which they used to be.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Bilko, Happy Birthday man!

This is the only decent Getzlaf that I own. I really want that Getzlaf weavermainia has, in fact he outbid me on that exact card quite some time ago. :lol:

05-06GetzlafSPXJsyAuto.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
gonzagacubs said:
Bilko, Happy Birthday man!

This is the only decent Getzlaf that I own. I really want that Getzlaf weavermainia has, in fact he outbid me on that exact card quite some time ago. :lol:

05-06GetzlafSPXJsyAuto.jpg

Sweet SPX RC!!!! And yes the Getzlaf that Weavermania has is an absolute beauty!! :cool:

PhillyPuckNut said:
Happy Birthday G$!!!! :) No Getzlafs from me, just wanted to say Happy Birthday. :lol:

Thanks Homie!!! :D

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Happy BD sir!

I'm not a big Auto guy, but that Photo of him with da Cup is frickin' sweet. The color contrast and the location is great, nice job by them.

Members online

Latest posts