Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hardest part of being a fan of your team...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
This Friedman/Maddon business got me thinking....what's the hardest part of rooting for your team? I'm sure we can guess the answer for Cubs fans, but for the Mets and my fan life id say it was the early/mid 90s when there were incidents with bleach, and firecrackers and Bobby Bo's contract. What say you?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Yankees. They have such a poorly run front office. If someone gave me a 200+ Million dollar budget per year I could field a much better team than they've got right now. Everyone knew the ARod deal and the CC opt out among so many others would come back to bite them. Its so difficult to watch right now.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Top 10 Worst Things about being a Cub Fan (David Letterman Style):

10) Peeing in troughs
9) Repeated stories about a goat
8) Super Mario's condescension
7) Bad patch pieces in our team's baseball cards
6) Ticket prices
5) Lou Brock trade
4) Ronnie Woo Woo
3) The last 100 years
2) Tight-ass seats with no leg room
1) Dying before seeing a championship

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I find it easier just to follow baseball and not any particular team. Sure in any given game I might root for one team over the other, but I just can't invest much in any single team.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
THIS GUY.

aaaarod_zps06fdee2c.png

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

10) Peeing in troughs
6) Ticket prices
5) Lou Brock trade
4) Ronnie Woo Woo
3) The last 100 years

Only #8 ? I need to work harder.

I don't dislike the Cubs. I can't wait to go to Wrigley next season and see the renovations.

I just dislike the arrogance of a lot of their fans.

I have a lot of friends who are die-hard Cubs fans, and if the Cubs do win the World Series in my lifetime, I will be very happy for them.

I just like to talk ****.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Knowing my A's don't have the Cash on hand to get that one MEGA-star they need to win in October.

And the Phillies do have that kind of Cash on hand and spent it on FORMER stars that did win for a while, but won't anymore...

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The hardest part was losing in the playoffs to the same team year after year.

then finally making it to the world series and being swept. That was brutally hard.

currently, wasted opportunities. Not being able to knock in the guys on base when we actually do get on base.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Knowing my A's don't have the Cash on hand to get that one MEGA-star they need to win in October.

And the Phillies do have that kind of Cash on hand and spent it on FORMER stars that did win for a while, but won't anymore...

The A's have plenty of money, the impose their own salary cap to maximize profits

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008

10) Peeing in troughs
6) Ticket prices
5) Lou Brock trade
4) Ronnie Woo Woo
3) The last 100 years

I would argue that Ronnie is one of the top 10 best things.....

I'd also say Santo dying before his induction should be in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
As a Padre fan, every years it gets tougher to deal with a team batting average of .220.

That, and living in Texas, I am in bed before they finish home games. 😎

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan Braun. He makes everything too complicated. Root? Defend? Critique? Criticize? Hate? He makes me have to do all of those.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
in the last two years having the organization worry more about hosting the All Star Game rather then about putting a wining team on the field

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
1 playoff series win in the last 20 years despite making the playoffs many times.

The constant trades that make it hard to root for people since almost everybody has been on the team for fewer than 3 years.

The crappy stadium that wouldn't be quite as crappy if the Raiders hadn't ruined it. But it'd still be LITERALLY crappy because of the sewage back-ups.

Having another team so close that spends more money and has a nice stadium and gets all of the local media coverage and way more fans.

And finally, the most famous person on the team by far is the GENERAL MANAGER.

Members online

Latest posts