Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heroes and Prospects cut signature image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drp

Mar 14, 2010
Dear Collectors;

When this post was made, some valid and constructive comments were made.

In The Game has created its positive reputation in the trading card industry by listening to collectors.

Although we have seen many cut signatures from major manufacturers that have cut off part of the signature, the cards are not as collectible as they should be.

We did not like the look of modifying the size of the window for this card, so we determined that we would replace the cut signature.

I will be looking closely at all the cards in this insert set to be sure that the look the way they should be.

Here is the new Mantle card.

167019_186865278000944_159041417449997_579025_7106402_n.jpg

Brian Price

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
drp said:
Dear Collectors;

In The Game has created its positive reputation in the trading card industry by listening to collectors.

Although we have seen many cut signatures from major manufacturers that have cut off part of the signature, the cards are not as collectible as they should be.

We did not like the look of modifying the size of the window for this card, so we determined that we would replace the cut signature.

I will be looking closely at all the cards in this insert set to be sure that the look the way they should be.

Brian Price

That is now a great card. Good job in making certain it will retain it's full maximum value for whoever pulls it. I'm sure a premium would always be paid for a nice cut sig over a cut missing something.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
drp said:
Dear Collectors;

Brian Price

Bra-Freaking-Vo

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
^^^

What they said. :D

EDIT: It looks tenfold better with the smaller sig and same sized window....I hate massive windows on cuts even though it may fit the whole sig.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
drp said:
Dear Collectors;

Brian Price
Absolutely beautiful! Nice job.

G

I really appreciate the look of the new card.

Though I find it somewhat surprising that it was cheaper/easier to replace the cut auto, rather than modify the size of the window.

drp

Mar 14, 2010
It was cheaper and easier to make the window larger.

But when we looked at the size of the window to fit the autograph, it didn't look good.

If we are going to improve the card, we didn't want to swap one unacceptable look for another.

We're trying to please although we know we can't please everyone.

Brian Price

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Brian,

I am sure I am not the first one to say this - you / ITG are greatly appreciated by the FCB community because our voice matters. Not only we are trying to help you to improve the cards image, but we are trying to help you to prosper your business and credibility throughout the collecting world.

Thank you, and the new Mantle card definitely caught my attention! This makes me much more eager to buy this product.

BM

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
drp said:
It was cheaper and easier to make the window larger.

But when we looked at the size of the window to fit the autograph, it didn't look good.

If we are going to improve the card, we didn't want to swap one unacceptable look for another.

We're trying to please although we know we can't please everyone.

Brian Price

I don't mind different sized, "custom" cut out windows. I can't stand less than entire signatures. Well done on the new Mantle card!

I bet it's going to be hard to find a Clemente and DiMaggio autograph that will fit into the same sized window. I hope it can be done. Good luck!

Members online