Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hey Tigers fans....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I've seen most of the games he has played since arriving in Detroit. No highlight plays yet but I know they are coming. He charged a slow roller at third base on one play and made it look easy. Cabrera would never had made that play.

Just my opinion, I think the Tigers will have got the best end of that trade in five years. Peavy is a short one or two year plug in Boston. Garcia could turn into a 25+ home run hitter or he could turn into a fourth outfielder. Regardless, the Tigers gave up a strength to get a solution for a weakness. The Tigers do not have a legitimate SS prospect in their farm system and they aren't exactly falling off trees across MLB. If Iglesias bats .250+ with his great glove, it will have been a great trade for the Tigers.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I've seen most of the games he has played since arriving in Detroit. No highlight plays yet but I know they are coming. He charged a slow roller at third base on one play and made it look easy. Cabrera would never had made that play.

Just my opinion, I think the Tigers will have got the best end of that trade in five years. Peavy is a short one or two year plug in Boston. Garcia could turn into a 25+ home run hitter or he could turn into a fourth outfielder. Regardless, the Tigers gave up a strength to get a solution for a weakness. The Tigers do not have a legitimate SS prospect in their farm system and they aren't exactly falling off trees across MLB. If Iglesias bats .250+ with his great glove, it will have been a great trade for the Tigers.

I fully agree with you. I think JI will settle in nicely there. I am sad to see him leave Beantown, but Peavy is a big pickup for this year's push down the stretch. Should be a fun post-season if Clay returns to form shortly.

Members online

Latest posts