Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~ HOCKEY TALK THREAD 2011-12 SEASON ~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
What is "The Hockey Talk Thread" and why do we need it if we have a Hockey Forum?

Consider THTT much like the morning thread on the Baseball boards or the daily thread on the Football boards. It is a thread for us Hockey members to talk about anything Hockey that is on our minds that might not need a separate thread of its own. Usually we have most of our game day talk in this thread. Talk about a player having a big game, or a minor trade or signing or maybe even some hobby news that you want to share.

Really this thread can be used to talk about anything that is on your mind, even stuff that isn't Hockey related but you wanted to share with the other FCB Hockey members.

Here's to a great 2011-12 Hockey season...

2cmk64z.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: HOCKEY TALK THREAD 2011-12 SEASON

the Penguins open their preseason tonight hosting the Detroit Red Wings.

Shane.K

Sep 14, 2011
The Winnipeg preseason game vs. Columbus was great to watch on TV.
Looked like huge excitement in the crowd for the team to be back, and Byfuglien's first shift was UNREAL.

I'm so excited to witness in person the season opener in Winnipeg vs. Montreal on October 9!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I watched some of the Jets Jackets game last night and the crowd sounded awesome. have fun at the opener.

robert67

Dec 5, 2010
Modano was a fun player to watch, that's for sure. However, you are correct, it was time.

Preds look pretty good so far in the preseason. But, as we all know, the key to long term success for us is to develop young talent and to try and retain the big 3, starting with Shea Weber. Not sure that is going to happen, but time will tell.

I, too, am interested in how the Jets do this season. Can't wait for the fun to start! :D

Robert

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Penguins beat the Red Wings 3-2.

Fleury and Malkin both looked like they were ready for the Regular Season to begin :mrgreen:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
PGH Dave - I'm looking for a friendly fantasy league to join with guys I know, have any available with open spots?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
demolition is scheduled to begin on the Civic Arena tomorrow. the arena which opened on September 17, 1961 was originally built to for the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera and was home to the Pittsburgh Penguins from 1967-2010.

30761853E.jpg

arenafinalsgm3.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Rosehill and Shelley in dandy fight last night in Philly. Shelley was leaking as usual at end of it. I bet he gets 3-5 games for the boarding call before it.

Bucco I have read Big Mac is gonna be in the line up tonight and Big Jon Scott is supposed to be in for Chicago. Battle of the GINATS in CEC tonight!!!! That would be sweet.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
matchpenalty said:
Rosehill and Shelley in dandy fight last night in Philly. Shelley was leaking as usual at end of it. I bet he gets 3-5 games for the boarding call before it.

Bucco I have read Big Mac is gonna be in the line up tonight and Big Jon Scott is supposed to be in for Chicago. Battle of the GINATS in CEC tonight!!!! That would be sweet.

Shelley received a 5 game preseason and a 5 game regular season suspension.

McIntyre was in the lineup tonight and tried to start a couple of tussles but no one wanted to go with him.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Penguins won 4-1 tonight. Jordan Staal scored 2 goals and Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke both scored a goal as well.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Jimmy Howard will use the backplate on his goalie mask to honor 3 former Red Wings who died earlier this month when their team (KHL's Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) plane crashed upon takeoff en route to their first game of the 2011-12 season.

back_of_jimmy_howards_mask_to_honor_fallen_lokomotiv_friends.jpg

St. Louis Blue's goalie Jaroslav Halak will also use the backplate of his goalie mask to honor his friend and former teammate on the Slovakian National Team Pavol Demitra. Demitra also died in the Lokomotiv plane crash.

jaroslav_halaks_demitra_mask_and_other_nhl_tributes_this_season.jpg

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Last Monday, I went to the Hurricanes vs. Sabres game. The Sabres were having a "slug appreciation" day. If you wore a "slug" jersey (hat,t-shirt, etc.) you would receive 41% off the same item with the current logo. I didn't have a new jersey and couldn't pass up the discount. I met my friend at the Sabres store and the lines were extremely long with very few jerseys left on the racks. They were giving out rain checks so I was able to pick up a Myers jersey at Saturdays game against the Maple Leafs.
Myersjersey004.jpg

Myersjersey003.jpg

Myersjersey005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts