Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF voting BWAA or veteran committee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Reading an article on espn raised this question.
The HOF members entered by the committee, do people put them on the same pedestal as say Aaron, Gehrig, Ripken? Are they looked down upon or is it "once your in its all the same?"

I collect HOF autos and actually did remark one time at how many hof members were voted in by a committee. There are more than a few I don't believe belong in there but they are so I won't argue that fact.
Reminder, just last month we had bobby cox, Larussa and Torre entered by committee which yes their playing days were over but managerial careers just ended.. Shouldn't they get the same 5 year wait?

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Managers, Executives and Umpires can only get in via one of the "committees." I think the 3 managers were all deserving based on their successes as managers. They were really only measured against their peer "managers" and not the all-time-great players. I think we all recognize there are "lesser" HOFers, but if you look at the list of players included on the list of those elected by various committees, you'll see some of the all-time-greats (as players).

http://baseballhall.org/sites/default/files/all/Documents/hofers_by_election_method_12-2013.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts