Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOLY ICHIRO!!!! 2013 Ichiro Immortals Collection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
How many do I try and get?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Good question. If it's in that $650-850 range I may take that gamble, especially with not only Ruth but other cool cuts and the bat knob. Decent chance to get a huge hit and even the "base" auto should bring back at least half the box $. So at the lower end of the range I'm in for two maybe.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I don't know why but the airbrushed logos kill it for me. It is like fooling around with a girl only to find out it is that time of the month..... limp.....

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I think everyone is high. Top was very close to factory cost.

I still think we will see them around 650 to 850

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Completely agree. No way its 1000+. I think somewhere in the 600-750 range is where it will end up falling.

I also don't see how you could think production on this could be 800+. No way does it cost 800 bucks to make a box of this. (directed at the guy who said 800+ production cost and 1000-1200 dollar per box.)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
LOL. "easily the most high end baseball release of all time"
Being unlicensed already disqualifies it, no matter how expensive it costs.

I'm not a Leaf hater, and realize that being unlicensed is not Leaf's fault.
However, that claim on the sell sheet is absurd.

"being unlicensed is not Leaf's fault"
Fixed it for you..
being unlicensed is Leaf's fault

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
If we estimate (and that's all this is)

300 Ichiro autos at $250 per = $75000
Ichiro jersey $1200
Ichiro Japanese jersey (I assume lettermen are GU) $1500
Ichiro bat $600
Ruth auto $4500
Gehrig auto $3000
Ott auto $1000
Wagner auto $1000
------------
Close to $90,000 or $300 per box before any design, production, SG&A etc. cost per box could easily be over $500 when those things are taken into consideration (low print run means fixed costs like marketing are not spread over much). I would not be surprised to see $1000 a box and possibly more. (If my numbers are off someone feel free to correct them).

You'll laugh, but our costs on some elements are MUCH higher:

Game used jerseys (real, while most in market fake):
Mariners $5k
Yankees $10k
Bat $4k

Printing costs --- $80 box!!!!!

This is a low/no profit item designed to test our skills at ultra high end..

Letterman are not game used, but are his first (and should be) only ever letterman...

BG

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
You'll laugh, but our costs on some elements are MUCH higher:

Game used jerseys (real, while most in market fake):
Mariners $5k
Yankees $10k
Bat $4k

Printing costs --- $80 box!!!!!

This is a low/no profit item designed to test our skills at ultra high end..

Letterman are not game used, but are his first (and should be) only ever letterman...

BG

Brian,

Thanks for the insights. I'm not that familiar with the GU market. Not hugely surprised on the printing costs, the prints runs are low enough that it had to be pricey. Looks great though.

hofvintagecollector

Apr 8, 2012
They definitely hired a new designer, looks like an ex upperdeck designer made them. Really great looking cards and way different then anything they've done before

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
My only concern with this product is looking back at the Ichiro autos that have been released by Leaf since 2011. The prices have come down significantly since the 2011 Leaf Metal Patches came out. I forget what I sold my Metal Patch for, but I know I sold a Leaf Valiant base green auto for $500 and a Blue /14 for over $700. But now he's had an auto in Metal, Valiant, Memories, Masterworks, Best of Baseball, Legends of Sport, and Pop Century. While BG is keeping them "rare" in this release by limiting each auto card to 5 or less, that doesn't change the fact that 300 more autos will come out with this one release. Now, in the whole scheme of things, 300 isn't a lot, but every box opened is another Ichiro on the market. Even if you look at the rare Ichiro Leaf autos that have sold recently, Valiant Black /5 sold for $550 and a Masterworks 1/1 for $500, this product will cost more than those have sold for. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to dip my toe in the water here and order some, I'm just saying that this doesn't come without some risk. But I have no doubt the cards will be gorgeous, which makes them already better than the look of the Valiant Black I was referencing.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
good post Jim I was wondering what those ichiros autos have been selling for.

My only concern with this product is looking back at the Ichiro autos that have been released by Leaf since 2011. The prices have come down significantly since the 2011 Leaf Metal Patches came out. I forget what I sold my Metal Patch for, but I know I sold a Leaf Valiant base green auto for $500 and a Blue /14 for over $700. But now he's had an auto in Metal, Valiant, Memories, Masterworks, Best of Baseball, Legends of Sport, and Pop Century. While BG is keeping them "rare" in this release by limiting each auto card to 5 or less, that doesn't change the fact that 300 more autos will come out with this one release. Now, in the whole scheme of things, 300 isn't a lot, but every box opened is another Ichiro on the market. Even if you look at the rare Ichiro Leaf autos that have sold recently, Valiant Black /5 sold for $550 and a Masterworks 1/1 for $500, this product will cost more than those have sold for. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to dip my toe in the water here and order some, I'm just saying that this doesn't come without some risk. But I have no doubt the cards will be gorgeous, which makes them already better than the look of the Valiant Black I was referencing.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Great post Jim. i wonder what effect this will have on his MLB Autos

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think this calls for a AIC break similar to the presidential cuts we did a year or two ago... have spots for $20 each or $40 each and then do a random.org to determine the order... obviously the #1 spot would get the hit... the next few spots would get a base card and maybe give the empty box (if it's something valuable or nice) to the next person in line... everyone else gets a drawn 1/1 from one of your kids lol

Members online

Latest posts