Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many ppl are actually trying to crack the Ginter code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Trying to find a way to turn scans of card backs in to money, LOL. Everyone seems set on the Celestial cards being a clue!

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
pigskincardboard said:
I'm good at those things, alas I don't have the scans or any of the cards.

I suck at these things, but I've got scans of the entire Celestial set! Who knows if it's even part of the code, though. They're symbols, sure, but not hidden or anything.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm trying to find back scans and can't.

They definitely are involved though, look at the ad insert for the Ginter Code...you can see stars and galaxies through the window.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Wonder if anyone would even pay for JUST back scans? Guess there's only one way to find out, right? Probably not even worth the effort, though.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
It's hilarious. I'm selling part of the Celestial code on ebay and I've got 138 views on my auction all hoping I have a scan of the back.

Here are some of the emails I've got so far.

"Hello, I'm about to buy your card but first would like a scan of the back to verify the condition of the corners."

I respond with the scan every time. (It's supposed to be a ! after "corners" haha)

lolkms.jpg

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
LOL!! Very nice. I'm gonna list a high BIN/BO just to test the craziness of all this! Nobody even knows for sure if they're part of the code!!!

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
jswaykos said:
LOL!! Very nice. I'm gonna list a high BIN/BO just to test the craziness of all this! Nobody even knows for sure if they're part of the code!!!

I'm actually hearing that they are, for sure, a part of the code. No clue how, though - that's out of my wheelhouse.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
jswaykos said:

So you are going to list just scans of cards for sale?

Shaddy.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bradical said:
jswaykos said:

So you are going to list just scans of cards for sale?

Shaddy.

For someone who has the whole set and wants to cater to the code breaker, a large hi-res scan of each card - front and back - in the celestial set IS worth something. I see nothing wrong with a BIN fo $5-10 for a scan of the cards. The scans have value.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm more amused by this craze than anything else. I set the BIN even higher just to see if there was ANY interest whatsoever. I don't actually intend on selling scans, and I can spare the $0.50 listing fee. It's my entertainment for the afternoon.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
I'm not solving the code but there is definitely something to do with the letter "N" They are all in a different font. Some "P"'s are bolded too.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
MarlinsManiac20 said:
I'm not solving the code but there is definitely something to do with the letter "N" They are all in a different font. Some "P"'s are bolded too.

I don't think the Ns have anything to do with it. They're all in the same script across the full 350 card set...it's just the look of the font.

Members online