Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many ST requests have you sent out this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
I have sent 0... and probably will not send any.

I hear too much about spring training returns having diminished over the years, so I think I'll just pass.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
As long as they get out in next 2 weeks, you'll be fine. This is 1st week a the players show up, been just pitchers and catchers for past week or 2.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I have sent 6 mark buhrle mark mcgwire josh Hamilton Jim thome Daniel descalso the mcgwire has not been RTS so there is hope no rreturns yet more to be sent in a few days

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
PujolsCollector said:
I have sent 6 mark buhrle mark mcgwire josh Hamilton Jim thome Daniel descalso the mcgwire has not been RTS so there is hope no rreturns yet more to be sent in a few days

Odds are McGwire will get the letter, and just toss it without opening it.

I got 3 non-ST TTMs back yesterday, so I am hoping for some ST mojo today!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:

As long as he reads the letter i could care less about the auto.I have met him i have a few of his autographs and my letter was to thank him for signing for me before on a ball. I put in my letter that the signed card would look great next to the ball as the centerpiece of my collection for the rest of my life.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:

As long as he reads the letter i could care less about the auto.I have met him i have a few of his autographs and my letter was to thank him for signing for me before on a ball. I put in my letter that the signed card would look great next to the ball as the centerpiece of my collection for the rest of my life.

Maybe he will. You gotta look at it from his point of view. To you, getting a signed card would go great next to the ball. To him, he doesn't know if you are really meaning what you wrote, or if you are trying to make a buck on his name. Most currents don't read their mail anyways. They may just read the first sentence and sign your card.

As for me, I sat down to write to Chone Figgins and Justin Masterson (2010 Bowman) and I lost the baby powder ::facepalm:: .

I HAVE to push this cuddyer and ianetta out tonight... I can't believe I haven't sent them yet.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:

Maybe he will. You gotta look at it from his point of view. To you, getting a signed card would go great next to the ball. To him, he doesn't know if you are really meaning what you wrote, or if you are trying to make a buck on his name. Most currents don't read their mail anyways. They may just read the first sentence and sign your card.

As for me, I sat down to write to Chone Figgins and Justin Masterson (2010 Bowman) and I lost the baby powder ::facepalm:: .

I HAVE to push this cuddyer and ianetta out tonight... I can't believe I haven't sent them yet.
I know what you mean and hopefully he reads it but its whatever. I don't think the baby powder im using is helping for the cards. I will see when i get my first return (Hopefully Soon). It just seems like the card is still slick after it is ready to go. But im just hopeing for 3 returns which would be 50%. I think 3 should be almost gauraunteed Daniel Descalso, Josh Hamilton, and Mark Buherle or so i hope.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:

I know what you mean and hopefully he reads it but its whatever. I don't think the baby powder im using is helping for the cards. I will see when i get my first return (Hopefully Soon). It just seems like the card is still slick after it is ready to go. But im just hopeing for 3 returns which would be 50%. I think 3 should be almost gauraunteed Daniel Descalso, Josh Hamilton, and Mark Buherle or so i hope.

Hamilton will be a success, but he only signs offseason.

You have to use talc baby powder. Corn starch does nothing. I bought a bottle in July, and I only used about a third of it... I misplaced it though.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
[quote="PujolsCollector":2viogy8k]I have sent 6 mark buhrle mark mcgwire josh Hamilton Jim thome Daniel descalso the mcgwire has not been RTS so there is hope no rreturns yet more to be sent in a few days

You have to use talc baby powder. Corn starch does nothing. I bought a bottle in July, and I only used about a third of it... I misplaced it though.[/quote:2viogy8k]
I wonder if i got a piece of talc from my Earth Science teacher if that would work. It is a very soft chalky mineral kind of like baby powder and the talc is what preps the card correct?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
PujolsCollector said:
[quote="TBTwinsFan":1h3mkpa7][quote="PujolsCollector":1h3mkpa7]I have sent 6 mark buhrle mark mcgwire josh Hamilton Jim thome Daniel descalso the mcgwire has not been RTS so there is hope no rreturns yet more to be sent in a few days

You have to use talc baby powder. Corn starch does nothing. I bought a bottle in July, and I only used about a third of it... I misplaced it though.[/quote:1h3mkpa7]
I wonder if i got a piece of talc from my Earth Science teacher if that would work. It is a very soft chalky mineral kind of like baby powder and the talc is what preps the card correct?[/quote:1h3mkpa7]

Yes, that should work. The only reason we don't put straight talc on the cards is because I don't think Wal-Mart sells it that way. Plus it comes in a powder.

But it's a very soft mineral (?) so if you can get some, just put it in a ziplock and take a hammer to it. It will powder up and make it easier to use.

Basically, the talc soaks into the card, and helps the autograph stick. I can vouch for that 100%.

Other things that have been rumored to work:
Rubbing your finger over the card. (I don't do that... it's kinda gross).
Using pantyhose (for reasons that are obvious, I don't use them)
Using some sort of eraser. IDK which kind it was (I don't because I want the gloss on the card.)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I was thinking about sending off to a few of the Reds players, but I am not sure. If I got them out today, they should get there in plenty of time, right?

Members online

Latest posts