Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate Carlos Zambrano

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugafan247

Jul 15, 2011
JoshHamilton said:
Every time I see Zabrano's constipated looking face, I want to punch it

zambrano.jpg

Step right up!! 3 Swings for a dollar folks!!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
My favorite thing is watching his blow-ups. He's up and down vs. Milwaukee, but when a team lays the wood on him, it's like watching and annoying child get beat....soooooo satisfying.

andrewnmisty

Jun 10, 2010
hive17 said:
My favorite thing is watching his blow-ups. He's up and down vs. Milwaukee, but when a team lays the wood on him, it's like watching and annoying child get beat....soooooo satisfying.

You're welcome!

Signed,

The Braves

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Zambrano is, at heart, a self-centered baseball player. His retirement would be a glorious moment for the Cubs but there's no way he'll pass up on those millions of dollars Jim Hendry was stupid enough to give him.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Thank goodness for Carlos Zambrano

Signed,

Denny MaClain, Julio Lugo, Brian Rekar, Will Cordero, Karim Garcia, Jeff Nielsen, Shane Spencer, Ugeth Urbina, Carl Everett

Aside from the fact that these players all commited actual crimes, there are people here old enough to remember how Bob Gibson, Al Hrabowski, Tommy LaSorda, et al from that era reacted after a player homered off them, right?

Zambrano is a head case and a tool, but he is far from the worst individual in baseball, and Bonds was and is WAY more hated than Z

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
Aside from the fact that these players all commited actual crimes, there are people here old enough to remember how Bob Gibson, Al Hrabowski, Tommy LaSorda, et al from that era reacted after a player homered off them, right?

So Zambrano isn't a colossal ****** because he didn't commit an ACTUAL crime. Cool. Charles Manson was a model citizen because he didn't ACTUALLY murder anyone. 

And yes, I remember how Gibson reacted. He took his subconscious anger at himself (for his own failures) out on someone who had absolutely nothing to do with it, by pelting him with a 94 mph fastball. Bob Gibson was a bitch. So is Carlos Zambrano. So is everyone else who blames others else for their own suckitude

Man up, *****

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
JoshHamilton said:
ChasHawk said:

So Zambrano isn't a colossal ****** because he didn't commit an ACTUAL crime. Cool. Charles Manson was a model citizen because he didn't ACTUALLY murder anyone. 

And yes, I remember how Gibson reacted. He took his subconscious anger at himself (for his own failures) out on someone who had absolutely nothing to do with it, by pelting him with a 94 mph fastball. Bob Gibson was a bitch. So is Carlos Zambrano. So is everyone else who blames others else for their own suckitude

Man up, *****
apparently you didn't read my last sentence

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Hard to defend him this time after finding out he cleaned out his locker.

I will say this though, I would love to play with guys like this, as opposed to playing with a bunch of players who play the game by just "going through the motions" and playing for the paycheck. I would love to play with guys who cared so much about winning that they show a lot of emotion when things aren't particullary going well.

I do not condone his actions at all, but guys who play the game with that much emotion and fire are good for the game of baseball.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
thelesquad said:
Not too shocking, but the Cubs fans haven't come in to defend him.
Look the real fans. I'm one of them will not defend him. So don't be surprised. ;) We have seen this act before and it needs to be handled and then Jim Hendry needs to be fired for not releasing him when he did this the last time. He is a head case.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
JoshHamilton said:
ChasHawk said:

Man up, *****
apparently you didn't read my last sentence

About Bonds?

I didn't mention it because this thread isn't about Barry Bonds

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
CubsFan13 said:
I've wanted him outta Chicago ever since his fight with Michael Barett.

Look at the 47 second mark of the ejection video.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=407296

If I was in Chicago right now, I would be partying in the streets like they just won the series.

I was at the game a few years ago in Seattle ago where they announced Betancourt(worst WAR that year) had been booted. ... everyone was shitfaced by the 3rd inning :lol:

Id also be partying in the streets, and Im not even a Chi fan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
two schools of thought:

1) Cubs have a tradition of losing, Zambrano is a loser, marriage made in heaven. Zambrano went out there and did what the cubs needed - a loss.

2) Zambrano should get an Academy Award! If the Cubs and Zambrano behind the scenes orchestrated a trade, I could see Zambrano going out there and acting like a headcase (instead of it just happening) and it makes it easier to get him through the waivers process to trade him as I don't think any team in their right mind would pluck him off the waiver wire in the next few days after seeing his actions on Friday.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The Cubs have a tradition of losing?

WS wins aside, I'm guessing nobody here realizes they have the 2nd most wins in MLB history.

They're also 817-801 over the last 10 seasons and have won their division 3 times.

Not saying that Zambrano's not a POS, but I'm tired of all the random Cubs-hate ********.

And just for the record, Zambrano has a career record of 125-81 with a 3.60 ERA and a 123 ERA+

He's among the league leaders in win% If he doesn't retire, somebody will pick him up...period