Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I passed on this ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
KingTrojan43 said:
Ryo1549 said:
KingTrojan43 said:
tenclubber said:
wheeler281 said:
I would have bought at that price. He will have a favorite food one out. The problem is he was like 6 when Eddie Vedder was popular. He is just a kid and Andre 3000 is totally relevant for him.

What do you mean "when Eddie Vedder WAS popular"? Pearl Jam is still touring and releasing new albums! :D I think that their popularity is higher now than it has ever been (especially with Ed's solo album for the movie "Into the Wild").

I think timeline has less to do with this then location does....not too many guys I knew growing up in the "hood" listened to Pearl Jam....I got sent out of district to a high school where kids thought I was black....so I'm a little more "cultured" when it comes to music....I'm sure if you asked Beanie who Eddie Vedder is he'd probably have a blank look on his face or respond with "Ain't dat dat one dude who Lil' Pookie 'n' dem used to get dem bags of chronic from fo dirt cheap?" ::facepalm::

So since you listen to rap that makes you 'cultured' in music?

no...the fact that I grew up in "the hood" and knew who Eddie Vedder is....I was fortunate enough to be exposed to different types of music and not be so closed minded when it comes to music.

You're still gay. ;)

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
mstng99tim said:
RITM said:
I would pick one up but only if I had some sort of connection with the card. I have seen three of Peytons show up thus far and none of them filled me with a desire to drop the cash. Then again, Peyton's inscriptions on the cards were "steak", "Tom Hanks" and "Hoosiers".

Someone on SCF busted a case of Exquisite and pulled a Manning with an inscription, but it doesn't say what it's for.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/ ... isite1.jpg

The Bio-Script concept is nice but as mentioned it does not point out the reason for the inscription. The "Newman" reference is to where he played high school football.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
Card Magnet said:
Speaking as somebody who is in Beanie's age range, I don't think Andre 3000 is really a "hood" kind of guy. He seems a bit more upper middle class.

"My baby don't mess around because she love me so and this I know fo shooooooo"

That ain't hood.

some people only know him as Andre 3000....here are some lyrics from when he was just Andre.....

"but lord forgive me, I got to keep my milli right be near me / my nine be doin' fine until these n****s wants to clear me off my street ..."

Now that's hood.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
mstng99tim said:
RITM said:
I would pick one up but only if I had some sort of connection with the card. I have seen three of Peytons show up thus far and none of them filled me with a desire to drop the cash. Then again, Peyton's inscriptions on the cards were "steak", "Tom Hanks" and "Hoosiers".

Someone on SCF busted a case of Exquisite and pulled a Manning with an inscription, but it doesn't say what it's for.

He went to high school at Isidore Newman School.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
Ryo1549 said:
KingTrojan43 said:
Ryo1549 said:
KingTrojan43 said:
tenclubber said:
[quote="wheeler281":2ejrv2zy]I would have bought at that price. He will have a favorite food one out. The problem is he was like 6 when Eddie Vedder was popular. He is just a kid and Andre 3000 is totally relevant for him.

What do you mean "when Eddie Vedder WAS popular"? Pearl Jam is still touring and releasing new albums! :D I think that their popularity is higher now than it has ever been (especially with Ed's solo album for the movie "Into the Wild").

I think timeline has less to do with this then location does....not too many guys I knew growing up in the "hood" listened to Pearl Jam....I got sent out of district to a high school where kids thought I was black....so I'm a little more "cultured" when it comes to music....I'm sure if you asked Beanie who Eddie Vedder is he'd probably have a blank look on his face or respond with "Ain't dat dat one dude who Lil' Pookie 'n' dem used to get dem bags of chronic from fo dirt cheap?" ::facepalm::

So since you listen to rap that makes you 'cultured' in music?

no...the fact that I grew up in "the hood" and knew who Eddie Vedder is....I was fortunate enough to be exposed to different types of music and not be so closed minded when it comes to music.

You're still gay. ;)[/quote:2ejrv2zy]

dammit Nate....that was supposed to be a secret ::facepalm:: :lol:

HToutlaws

May 15, 2009
RITM said:
mstng99tim said:
RITM said:

The Bio-Script concept is nice but as mentioned it does not point out the reason for the inscription. The "Newman" reference is to where he played high school football.

I like these Bio Scripts better.

09ExquisiteCollectionBioscriptsSign.jpg

Members online

Latest posts