Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Individual claims to have sued UD IRT expired redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Buynhisellnlow said:
I can't substantiate the veracity of his claims / story but I thought it and the possible associated implications interesting enough to merit discussion.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...-i-went-court-won-against-ud.html#post2488760
So he said he was going to send in the Sheriff to the Carlsbad office of Upper Deck, but I thought they moved a few years ago to
Las Vegas and have even down-sized there office and employees.
It says there customer care is in CA but I thought the main offices moved to Vegas but I could be wrong

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Pine Tar said:
Buynhisellnlow said:
I can't substantiate the veracity of his claims / story but I thought it and the possible associated implications interesting enough to merit discussion.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...-i-went-court-won-against-ud.html#post2488760
So he said he was going to send in the Sheriff to the Carlsbad office of Upper Deck, but I thought they moved a few years ago to
It says there customer care is in CA but I thought the main offices moved to Vegas but I could be wrong

Contact Upper Deck
Customer Service Contact Information

Address: 2251 Rutherford Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: 1-800-873-7332
Fax: 1-760-929-6548
Email: [email protected]

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Ud doesn't care. Guy will spend his time and money and still get nothing. Nice to see our own Dice K over there crying in that thread about his Bowman box with paper auto.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So in another words the guy didnt research when the box he bought redemptions expired, now we are supposed to care ?

How about this, do research and then you dont have to bitch and moan and waste your time when you pull an expired redemption. :lol: He is never going to see that money.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
nyc3 said:
So in another words the guy didnt research when the box he bought redemptions expired, now we are supposed to care ?

How about this, do research and then you dont have to bitch and moan and waste your time when you pull an expired redemption. :lol: He is never going to see that money.

Several states have enacted consumer protection laws that make it illegal (I don't know if that is the correct word) for gift certificates and/or gift cards to have expiration dates. So I guess if you can convince a small claims court judge a redemption card is similar enough to a gift certificate to be considered a gift certificate then you could have a legitimate case.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
They have a North Carolina office as well. I got a fulfilled redemption(after a year and a half) and it came from NC

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
nyc3 said:

I'd bet (heavily) the guy already knew the redemptions expired even before he bought the box and/or cards.

Small claims judgments don't exactly carry a lot of weight, particularly when the loosing party isn't represented.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
csmtampa said:
Pine Tar said:
Buynhisellnlow said:

Contact Upper Deck
Customer Service Contact Information

Address: 2251 Rutherford Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: 1-800-873-7332
Fax: 1-760-929-6548
Email: [email protected]
Hey thanks for the info
I looked it up already and had seen that. I guess you did not read my post before posting this.So I did not think I needed to post it
::facepalm::

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Seems fishy. UD sent a part-time employee in or to Michigan to stand for the company? And the judge disallowed this representation because he wasn't a full-time employee? Then the judge ruled in his favor, the guy insisted the case be heard anyway and the judge obliged?

A_Pharis

smapdi said:
Seems fishy. UD sent a part-time employee in or to Michigan to stand for the company? And the judge disallowed this representation because he wasn't a full-time employee? Then the judge ruled in his favor, the guy insisted the case be heard anyway and the judge obliged?

Yea, full of it.
A judge will render default if one party doesn't show, though

ernieren

Mar 19, 2010
If the story is true I think it is good. UD won't do a damn thing but if more people stand up to UD, Topps and Panini Then maybe things will change. The guy is in the right to file a suit we all are. All of these companies promise us auto's of select players before we buy the product. We should be able to pull from the box or have them sooner than 4 to 6 months or longer. Plus 10 yrs from now if we want to buy a box of older product we have to now worry about an expired redemption card and by then most of us won't remember who they are or how many are in the product. These companies need to be held to a higher level on this. Either stop the redemptions or put a smaller window on players to sign these cards then move on . Put the cards in future product or make an update set we will still buy it.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Nice so now we can go around buy expired redemptions (at a discount) and bust discounted products (discounted because of the expired redemptions) and then throw a hissy fit saying we deserve these even though everyone else has been denied before us?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Redemptions should never expire. If I buy a pack/box/case of 2001 Bowman Chrome and pull an Albert Pujols RC, Topps should still have it and send me that card. They can store all these cards. That's a BS excuse. So what, when the redemption expires they get to keep the card that was promised to customers? What do you think Topps did with all those unclaimed Pujols Chrome RCs? I'm sure they got them out into the market and anyone who pulls the redemption card gets the shaft. The "you knew the redemptions expire" argument holds no weight when redemptions shouldn't expire in the first place.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Redemptions should never expire. If I buy a pack/box/case of 2001 Bowman Chrome and pull an Albert Pujols RC, Topps should still have it and send me that card. They can store all these cards. That's a BS excuse. So what, when the redemption expires they get to keep the card that was promised to customers? What do you think Topps did with all those unclaimed Pujols Chrome RCs? I'm sure they got them out into the market and anyone who pulls the redemption card gets the shaft. The "you knew the redemptions expire" argument holds no weight when redemptions shouldn't expire in the first place.

What makes you think the card was produced in the first place?

ernieren

Mar 19, 2010
uniquebaseballcards said:
sportscardtheory said:

What makes you think the card was produced in the first place?

Well we have have no idea how many were actually made but If it was or was not made Topps still put out a redemption card for it. That now if we buy a box and pull that redemption we get nothing That card is worth how much??? If anything Topps , UD , Panini could put actual cards in future product.

Members online

Latest posts