Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Lackey Signs With the Cubs For Two Years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Lackey in agreement with #Cubs, two years, $32M-$34M, pending physical.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And FYI, the Cubs have sacrificed their 1st round pick next year.

(They would have picked near the bottom, anyway.)

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Helluva solid pitcher, and innings eater.

Although BoSox fans may disagree...
He was absolutely despised around these parts up until 2013 when he pitched great all season and helped us win a World Series. Most fans were pissed that the Red Sox traded him last year, because he was on such a team friendly contract and he would have been our best pitcher going into 2015.

Very good signing by the Cubs IMO, awesome to see him being reunited with Lester (and Ross). Speaking of Ross, Lackey hasn't had much experience with him, only 2 starts, but those 2 starts he had a 2.38 ERA and an 8 K/BB so I wouldn't be surprised to see both Lackey and Lester have Ross as their personal catcher.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
And FYI, the Cubs have sacrificed their 1st round pick next year.

(They would have picked near the bottom, anyway.)

Sometimes I wonder if that's worse, since, if your pick would have been high in the first (not protected, obviously), then your real first pick would be higher in the second round.

It's really irrelevant I guess, for Chicago anyway. Now that their years of high draft picks have matured into a good team, they can go back to throwing millions of dollars at whatever holes they feel they have.

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
I think this is a huge signing for the Cubs - he is a good innings pitcher and will really fill in as a 3 or 4 in the rotation - he has playoff experience as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts