Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just bought a lot off Craig's list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Honestly, I would think stolen stuff ends up in pawn shops more often so the seller can get immediate cash for them. I would think that placing an ad, and inviting someone to their home would leave an easy trail if the items were stolen....now I understand criminals are not all geniuses and it is possible, but unlikely, the items are hot....

As I stated earlier I'm not a naive kid. I know stuff gets stolen and then sold on Craig's list but these don't fall into that category. Move along troll

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Seems like this has gotten personal. Let us not forget that Sam helped Hive retrieve his stolen cards, so there is a level of sensitivity about stolen goods.

Early on, Sam suggested that before you sell any cards that you might be best served to make a quick call to the police and ask. He is not saying that you should not sell these......due to his level of suspicion, based on past events, he is trying to give sage advice.

Sam is not the only person here who thinks that selling these cards prior to first checking with the police is reckless. The quick phone call does not cost you, that is all.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Cubfan I'm interested in any other bonds stuff you might have. I don't have the classic auto but can't seem to find any info on it. Do you have any info on it or does it have any sort of coa? Let me know. thanks

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Sam you got your point across. No need to keep at it. If it comes up that these are stolen then be it. The op will have to deal with that and at least he knows where to direct the police and is only out $35. This is not as big of a deal as its being made out to be.

I'm on my phone so I can't check on the trolling in other threads right now but I'll check them out later.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
GC I hear you but I don't believe them to be stolen. For Sam to talk XXXX like he did to me here and trash my sales thread is uncalled for. He thinks they're stolen I don't think they are

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
GC I hear you but I don't believe them to be stolen. For Sam to talk XXXX like he did to me here and trash my sales thread is uncalled for. He thinks they're stolen I don't think they are

I get the sale thread......

I hear you on the "I don't believe" part........but if it were me and I had just gotten a really nice deal I would check, that's all. No one is upset that you got a deal, several are just trying to provide unsolicited advice based upon lessons learned/

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Seems like this has gotten personal. Let us not forget that Sam helped Hive retrieve his stolen cards, so there is a level of sensitivity about stolen goods.

Early on, Sam suggested that before you sell any cards that you might be best served to make a quick call to the police and ask. He is not saying that you should not sell these......due to his level of suspicion, based on past events, he is trying to give sage advice.

Sam is not the only person here who thinks that selling these cards prior to first checking with the police is reckless. The quick phone call does not cost you, that is all.

As I was mentioned specifically in this thread, I'll just say that George here has the most accurate take on everything that transpired in this thread.

The cards "probably" aren't stolen, but it never hurts to check. But that advice was taken as an insult.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Hive what was taken as an insult was this guy name calling ad talking about lack of common sense

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I agree with the others saying that a quick phone call to the PD wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
What exactly do you people want him to do? Every time someone buys cards now they have to call local police stations to see if anything has been stolen lately and make a huge thing out of it, just to be on the safe side? Give me a break. He didn't get the steal of a lifetime here. He got a good deal on some cards on craigslist. If he doesn't believe they are stolen, then that's the end of the story. To hound him like he did something wrong is just asinine. Even if the cards WERE stolen, the OP has every right to do what he wants with the cards until it's proven that they were. The burden of proof isn't on a buyer of stolen goods to prove that they WEREN'T stolen. Good grief.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Well I work at the airport and one of our tenants is the Manatee County Sherriff. I went over and talked to my buddy Ben who is in charge of the aviation unit. He called someone he knows in the department and came back to me and said there are no reports. Now Sam do I need to call Bradenton Cuty, Sarasota County, Longboat Key, FHP, how about Tampa PD? Ridiculous but ill take that apology now

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hive what was taken as an insult was this guy name calling ad talking about lack of common sense

Yeah, name-calling is insulting. But it was still good advice. You got defensive and Sam got snide. You're both hard-headed.

While I agree with you that you're "likely" safe, as someone who had thousands of dollars recovered because of Sam's blessed hard head, I will defend his advice to you (which was initially delivered very tactfully and helpfully).

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Yeah, name-calling is insulting. But it was still good advice. You got defensive and Sam got snide. You're both hard-headed.

While I agree with you that you're "likely" safe, as someone who had thousands of dollars recovered because of Sam's blessed hard head, I will defend his advice to you (which was initially delivered very tactfully and helpfully).

You got defensive and Sam got snide. You're both hard-headed.

Recipe for disaster. Walk away guys, walk away.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Ok so now that the PD has been called can I get that link removed from the sales thread? There is no need for it to be linked back here and see all this bs. Also anytime someone posts about getting a steal are they going to be required to call the cops and ask if its ok they got a good deal on some cardboard? I think they cops will get real pissed off if they are constantly being asked questions like this. Honestly this thread turned into a complete joke and Sam ill be waiting for that apology

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ok so now that the PD has been called can I get that link removed from the sales thread? There is no need for it to be linked back here and see all this bs. Also anytime someone posts about getting a steal are they going to be required to call the cops and ask if its ok they got a good deal on some cardboard? I think they cops will get real pissed off if they are constantly being asked questions like this. Honestly this thread turned into a complete joke and Sam ill be waiting for that apology

You will be waiting awhile a LONG while, he was just trying to give advice.......my unsolicited advice; stop taking it personally and move on.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
You will be waiting awhile a LONG while, he was just trying to give advice.......my unsolicited advice; stop taking it personally and move on.

GC he most definitely does owe an apology for being an *******. He called me a fktard on pm and other names in here. If that's cool to do on here then things have changed since I joined here in 08. All these things he said about me was because of an opinion he had that has now been proven completely wrong

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
GC he most definitely does owe an apology for being an *******. He called me a fktard on pm and other names in here. If that's cool to do on here then things have changed since I joined here in 08. All these things he said about me was because of an opinion he had that has now been proven completely wrong

It's the internet, man. Block him and move on.

WaxPax

Sounds like you should contact the Fed's too to cover all your bases....

FBI Tampa
5525 West Gray Street
Tampa, FL 33609
tampa.fbi.gov
(813) 253-1000

Well I work at the airport and one of our tenants is the Manatee County Sherriff. I went over and talked to my buddy Ben who is in charge of the aviation unit. He called someone he knows in the department and came back to me and said there are no reports. Now Sam do I need to call Bradenton Cuty, Sarasota County, Longboat Key, FHP, how about Tampa PD? Ridiculous but ill take that apology now

A_Pharis

To respond to PMs I've gotten about Sam:

He gave an honest opinion and good advice. Instead of thanking him and moving on you start poking at him. Sam's done nothing worth "dealing with" aside from letting you draw him into an argument.

No one owes anyone an apology. Move on.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

He might need to apologize for calling you names, but I don't see how you doing exactly what he advised you of doing requires an apology. He and a bunch of us here are happy that the cards aren't stolen.

Members online

Latest posts