Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KERSHAW vs LEAKE....WHO WINS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Kershaw!!!

Unfortunately, Kershaw is pitching in the wrong generation to gain any sort of recognition throughout his entire career.

To have to compete with Lincecum, Stras, and Ubaldo for the next fifteen years for the Cy young, he will be forever overshadowed and undercredited.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
Kershaw!!!

Unfortunately, Kershaw is pitching in the wrong generation to gain any sort of recognition throughout his entire career.

To have to compete with Lincecum, Stras, and Ubaldo for the next fifteen years for the Cy young, he will be forever overshadowed and undercredited.
I would not be surprised if Kershaw emerges as the best or second best from that group.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
Kershaw!!!

I would not be surprised if Kershaw emerges as the best or second best from that group.

Wow, I know I sure would be surprised if he was the top pitcher out of the 4. Don't get me wrong, I know just how good he is and his capabilities, but that list is going to be tough to be on top of.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Lincy has two Cy's under his belt already, and Ubaldo and Stras have been flat out dominant so far.

Kershaw has been solid, but not scary yet. I don't know if he will be able to reach that potential. I don't think Felix has gotten there yet either, and i'm not sure he ever will.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
Kershaw!!!

Wow, I know I sure would be surprised if he was the top pitcher out of the 4. Don't get me wrong, I know just how good he is and his capabilities, but that list is going to be tough to be on top of.
Here's my thoughts:

Ubaldo has been great this year, but he does not have the track record to say he'll do it long term.
Strasburg is still little more than a prospect. Certainly one of the top prospects ever, but many big name prospects never made it.
Lincecum will always elicit some concerns based on his size and delivery.

I would not bet against any specific one of these, but Kershaw is insanely talented and at 22 is 4 years younger than Lincecum and Ubaldo and only a year older than Strasburg (and Kershaw has been around a little while.) Again I wouldn't say any specific one won't be better than him, but I would not be surprised if he's better than all of them. (Of course it would not shock me if he was the worst.) Point is, he has the stuff to be the best of the group.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Jurgy25 said:
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
Kershaw!!!

Here's my thoughts:

Ubaldo has been great this year, but he does not have the track record to say he'll do it long term.
Strasburg is still little more than a prospect. Certainly one of the top prospects ever, but many big name prospects never made it.

I would not bet against any specific one of these, but Kershaw is insanely talented and at 22 is 4 years younger than Lincecum and Ubaldo and only a year older than Strasburg (and Kershaw has been around a little while.) Again I wouldn't say any specific one won't be better than him, but I would not be surprised if he's better than all of them. (Of course it would not shock me if he was the worst.) Point is, he has the stuff to be the best of the group.

Kershaw is actually only a shade over 5 months older than Strasburg. If Kershaw can master his control, he will be a multitime CY winner.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Topnotchsy said:
Jurgy25 said:
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
Kershaw!!!

Here's my thoughts:

Kershaw is actually only a shade over 5 months older than Strasburg. If Kershaw can master his control, he will be a multitime CY winner.

I completely agree. Kershaw has as much talent as anyone on that list and being the only lefty on that list gives him somewhat of an advantage.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
gonna be fun seing manny back in boston...and then with the lakers beating the celtics.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts