Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kobe probable torn achilles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Routine move, and he just crumpled over in pain.

I'm a Boston fan, and this sucks. You have to respect what Kobe brings to the game, and his place in history. Hopefully he's able to to come back in a year so he doesn't have to end his career this way.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Wow... I am so mad. I didn't even know. I "watched" last nights game in the Internet, the one where it tells you play by play, and I was on the edge of my seat. Kobe hit two huge threes down the stretch... I was so excited they had won, and now this news... What a roller coaster... This sucks!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Wow... I am so mad. I didn't even know. I "watched" last nights game in the Internet, the one where it tells you play by play, and I was on the edge of my seat. Kobe hit two huge threes down the stretch... I was so excited they had won, and now this news... What a roller coaster... This sucks!

I didn't realize he had been playing so many minutes lately. Probably not good to play 40+ every night when he's a 34 year old with a lot of miles on the tires from starting young out of high school and playing deep into the playoffs most years. The highlights show he actually went to the ground three times in the game with leg injuries, but the third one was the the achilles.

The NBA has really taken a hit lately with injuries to stars. Rose, Rondo and now Kobe.

heavydave

Feb 22, 2013
Arizona
Just stinks, no other way to describe it. For a guy, who pours his heart and soul every night, for the Lakers, I hope his career isnt over. But now Howard, and Gasol need to "put their big boy pants on", and "man up". We will find out what the Lakers are made of now.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
This is pretty sad, even if you aren't a Kobe fan. Hopefully he comes back strong next year. I could see him retiring, and I could see him come back to pass Jordan on the scoring list. Either way, it's 50/50 that he'll be back before Rose!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
He may come back but he will never be the same player or close, he was already on the decline (still could score like a Hofer) with younger players getting the best of him alot more than ever and his defense was horrible. In all Honesty it might be better if he just retires, he has nothing to prove anymore (Other than his love for basketball) He will never surpass Jordan status and I personally would just hate to see him come back as a Avg Player. I remember when Charles Barkley went out, it was one of the saddest thing to see, not saying Kobe will go out like that but if hes injured one more time like that hes done for sure. Also it would be odd seeing him come back and play only 20-25mins a night which he will have to do for a while.

Members online

Latest posts