Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

@@L@@k@@Wednesday Morning Thread@@@l@@k@@

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hear, hear!! So, when are you moving here and running for public office?;-)

Not in this lifetime! Although with Cdn dollar in freefall at the moment it would be nice to not have pay the extra 15-20% for cards due to the exchange rate.

I know this is about Baseball in the MT and most of you probably know this already but I only stumbled on this card and story today: MJ #12 .....
image-33.jpg

MJ wore Number 12 one game on Valetines Day in 1990 after his jersey was stolen from the Bulls locker room in Orlando. The Bulls had a replacement jersey with number 12 on it and no name on the back. It was famously captured in the 1990-91 Hoops Sam Vincent basketball card I posted above. I grabbed on on COMC today just for the heck of it.

I remember hearing about this too, and I had a couple of those cards. The version of the story I heard reported that MJ tried to have the card pulled from production since #23 was kind of his trademark. I don't remember if there was actually another version issued though.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I know this is about Baseball in the MT and most of you probably know this already but I only stumbled on this card and story today: MJ #12 .....
image-33.jpg

MJ wore Number 12 one game on Valetines Day in 1990 after his jersey was stolen from the Bulls locker room in Orlando. The Bulls had a replacement jersey with number 12 on it and no name on the back. It was famously captured in the 1990-91 Hoops Sam Vincent basketball card I posted above. I grabbed on on COMC today just for the heck of it.

I never knew about this. Pretty neat!

A_Pharis

I just tried this with a laptop I've got, no such luck.
Doesn't boot up or even attempt to start more than a few seconds.

Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't
What causes this is the computer not knowing that it needs to switch from battery to AC power.. so the battery gets drained to the point where there' not enough juice to boot it, and you have to clear the board.

Other times - the MB is shot.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't
What causes this is the computer not knowing that it needs to switch from battery to AC power.. so the battery gets drained to the point where there' not enough juice to boot it, and you have to clear the board.

Other times - the MB is shot.

Thank you for the info. I get the feeling replacing the MB wouldn't be a cost effective move based on the age of the laptop.
Oh well, my iPad works just fine.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good evening/morning gents! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm finally starting to come back down to earth after my Ohio State Buckeyes won the title Monday night... I was there, helps it was in Dallas! Man, what a game!!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good evening all. Just enjoyed a dinner consisting of a patty melt and chicken dumpling soup. I couldn't pass on the soup, and considering it was only $1 to add it to my meal I figured why not. I definitely made a great choice

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Picked these up last night. Really like this kid and think he will be a nice investment.

View attachment 45206
View attachment 45207

Nice picks ups!

image-33.jpg

Knew the story about the number, never knew it made it on to a card, that is so cool.

Members online

Latest posts