Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latos traded to Reds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Now, if the Padres could just trade Rizzo to TB for Wade Davis, that would be more than cool with me. They need a 1B, and it would make room for Moore. Naturally, Friedman won't agree.

I just submitted revised top 15 lists to Ben (topprospectalert), as well as new team rankings. SD is now # 1, and CIN # 23.

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
It will be interesting to see how Latos pitches in Cincy considering the following:

-He has a career 0.75 GB/FB ratio.
-He has a career 2.2% HR/PA ratio.
-He has a career 6.7% HR/FB ratio.

All are below league averages. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how he maintains those numbers in that ballpark.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
My thinking from a Reds fan POV...If Alonzo was tradeable why did'nt they entertain the request from the Rockies for Jimenez--most people here thought it would be Votto out and Alonzo in...shows what we know.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Good trade for both teams. Padres need to accumulate talent, particularly young hitters. Reds got a #1-#2 caliber pitcher and didn't lose anything out of their lineup, which has plenty of big bats as is. Cincy needs to win soon because it's going to be tough for them to keep Votto in a couple of years.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
braden said:
SeattleSports said:
I've never understood why people think Wade Davis is a good pitcher.

Me neither. I wouldn't even consider trading Rizzo for him.

I wouldn't mind if they dealt Niemann for him, either.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
going form the best pitchers ball park to the best hitters ball park..... watch his stats dive big time (Latos)

Padres got the best deal!

Members online

Latest posts