Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Best of Basketball : Do not Waste your Money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
I had heard good things about the Leaf Best of Basketball product just released. Also been impressed lately with Leaf Draft Auto's Hobby.

Opened a box of the Leaf Best of Basketball and got a Dennis Rodman Certified Auto RC and an Artis Gilmore auto. A product that is being advertised with a purchase price of $265+ and you get maybe $40 worth of cards. This should never happen when you have a hand packed product with just two cards at such a price level.

I will never buy a Leaf Product again if this is how they are going to deal with their customers who buy Hobby Products.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Wow, you're really upset about this. Just curious, would it have been a good product if in your one box you pulled a Derrick Rose Exquisite RC? You pulled nothing because someone else is going to pull a rose or lebron exquisite. Even if Leaf was putting up an average cost of $250, the Rose RC takes away the budget from 11 other packs.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
P_Manning 18 said:
Pretty simple solution for the future. Load up youtube and find Cards Infinity and search his channel for the product you are thinking about busting. You can see multiple boxes ripped and see exactly what kind of product you are thinking about buying. Had you searched it a few days ago... your wallet would have been much healthier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chri5784/videos?query=best+of+basketball

Agreed.

Plus, there have been numerous threads on various boards about this product warning people to stay away.

I understand the being pissed when there have been PSA/DNA Authenticated IP Autos as "Box Hits".

Leaf has put out much better products than this, this time I think the ball was dropped and I can say that as someone who appreciates Leaf.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
alabamalongsnake said:
I had heard good things about the Leaf Best of Basketball product just released. Also been impressed lately with Leaf Draft Auto's Hobby.

Opened a box of the Leaf Best of Basketball and got a Dennis Rodman Certified Auto RC and an Artis Gilmore auto. A product that is being advertised with a purchase price of $265+ and you get maybe $40 worth of cards. This should never happen when you have a hand packed product with just two cards at such a price level.

I will never buy a Leaf Product again if this is how they are going to deal with their customers who buy Hobby Products.

You must understand, we never asked anyone to price these boxes at $265-300 (that is the secondary market at workl)... factory cost was $185 (for which we spent OVER $150 box on content. Worst box yields $50, best box yields $10,000.
It is clearly a high risk/high reward product....

I would strongly advise those not willing ton assume such risk such stay away from "repack/best of" products and focus on our original content items which have provided exceptional value for consumers.... MOST buyers of basketball are well aware of the risk of buying such a product.

p.s.- my phone is always open to anyone wanting to discuss this or any other leaf product... 214-393-4510....

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
Pretty simple solution for the future. Load up youtube and find Cards Infinity and search his channel for the product you are thinking about busting. You can see multiple boxes ripped and see exactly what kind of product you are thinking about buying. Had you searched it a few days ago... your wallet would have been much healthier.

Agreed.

Plus, there have been numerous threads on various boards about this product warning people to stay away.

I understand the being pissed when there have been PSA/DNA Authenticated IP Autos as "Box Hits".

Leaf has put out much better products than this, this time I think the ball was dropped and I can say that as someone who appreciates Leaf.

Let me ask, why are dealers flying through this product at $250-300 box, if it is so terrible?
That is WAY above factory cost ($185 cost). We never anticipated (or frankly wanted to see) it to trade so high.....

Honestly, if anyone thinks Best of Basketball is provides a horrific AVERAGE Return on Investment Value ($150+ on a $185 factory cost box), I think if they are being honest they could easily state the same about 99% of all trading card boxes prodcued in the last 5 years... True?

BG

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Leaf said:
ljw29 said:
P_Manning 18 said:

Agreed.

Let me ask, why are dealers flying through this product at $250-300 box, if it is so terrible?
That is WAY above factory cost ($185 cost). We never anticipated (or frankly wanted to see) it to trade so high.....

Honestly, if anyone thinks Best of Basketball is provides a horrific AVERAGE Return on Investment Value ($150+ on a $185 factory cost box), I think if they are being honest they could easily state the same about 99% of all trading card boxes prodcued in the last 5 years... True?

BG

BG I understand you have to defend your products and I would too. This product went quickly as people thought it would be hot, but as more breaks have occurred the opinion by many has soured.

I stood in a shop a month ago and heard a dealer say their distributor no longer was getting half the boxes they wanted this stuff was so hot and rare. Shop ordered more from various places and then apologized and gave their customers credit after they opened the boxes. Never have I seen that occur and I have frequented the shop very often.

At $185 it is a lot more manageable but few dealers did it at that price or distributors as it was limited and they thought it was a cash cow product that would be amazing.

And the PSA/DNA Autograph cards are not bringing in that much and never were going to, across the product yes the resell value is high when you average everything. But take away Top 10 Cards and there is a huge dropoff.

You have amazed me in Golf and Metal Football and many other products and changed me to a believer but this one time I am sorry but like many I was disappointed.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Yeah thanks for the phone conversation about this bg. I understand that you didn't intend for this to go so high. I understand better about this being a high risk high reward type of product.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts