Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf cut signature issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
First of all, I love this product. I buy it every year and have a few boxes coming this weekend.

That being said, there are a few things that have to be addressed in my opinion.

1. Please stop using cuts that feature blue or black ink on a DARK background. They look terrible. You can barely see the auto unless you tilt it into the light at the right angle. Silver or white on a dark background = good. Blue, black, etc on a light background = good. Anything else... please stop.

2. Please stop using CRAPPY versions of autos. Example: George Clooney. He has two autos out there: the full one and the G.C. one. No one wants the crappy version. Another example is Al Pacino. Seriously, his auto is a single squiggly line. Garbage.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I hear you, but these are the current signatures of Clooney and Pacino..

Don't disagree on dark background..
We try to weed these out (and while this year is much better, there are still some)..

At least you don't get stickers like the card you despised last year..

Happy Thanksgiving Ty!
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
By the way, 99% of full name Pacino are fake.. Most clooneys with full name are suspect as well (except one limited edition piece signed in gold which is not remotely cost effective or readily available..

To say we aren't showing pride in our product is going a bit far..

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I agree that each year seems to be improving on the last. That is awesome. Just giving my feedback on what else can be done. This is one of the releases that I really enjoy ripping due to the vast array of names.

HUGE thank you for not including stickers again.

Is this the full name Clooney? I wasn't aware that he rarely signed full name.
DSC03144.jpg

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
I got a Pacino TTM a few years back, I'll check which I got.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I agree that each year seems to be improving on the last. That is awesome. Just giving my feedback on what else can be done. This is one of the releases that I really enjoy ripping due to the vast array of names.

HUGE thank you for not including stickers again.

Is this the full name Clooney? I wasn't aware that he rarely signed full name.
DSC03144.jpg

Yes, they are massively rare.. I've gotten Clooney in person on several occasions and all are GC..

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
What's the story behind them gold full name versions? You sent me this one last year as a replacement and its a definite PC keeper.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
What's the story behind them gold full name versions? You sent me this one last year as a replacement and its a definite PC keeper.

It came from a limited edition collectible he did 10+ years ago..

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Oh, that's cool. Someone pulled a Robert Downy Jr. auto at the shop today and man, he also has a TERRIBLE auto. We got a good laugh trying to figure out which way the auto went...lol

I posted my breaks in the baseball section. Decent break, nothing huge. Was fun though.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
The gold George Clooney autograph on the black background is a signed senitype that he signed for a company awhile back that was made into deluxe movie box sets.

This particular box set was for the movie The Perfect Storm and it included a signed senitype.

The company went out of business before all the box sets could be made up though and a wholesale surplus company bought them out. They couldn't make up the deluxe box sets because they were missing some component of it and just sold the senytipes and stuff separate.

I remember at the time they had around 500 of the Clooney autographs listed for sale for just $1.20 each. I thought that was an amazing deal for an authentic Clooney autograph so I ordered like 100 of them with the intention of going back for more, or all of them later if I could when I had more money. Right after I had ordered the 100 of them they were pulled from the website and when I asked about them I was told I was lucky to get the 100 that I got.

I am not sure if it was a price mistake or they realized after that $1.20 was awful cheap to be selling them for but I wasn't able to get any more after that.

I am very thankful to be able to get the ones I did get though.

There is one listed on the Goldin Auctions website that shows what it likes like whole.

https://www.goldinauctions.com/LotD...Autographed-The-Perfect-Storm-Senitype-Photo-

Members online

Latest posts