Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Levi Michael Error in Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
tm decomposer said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Bowman-Dp-p-Chrome-Levi-Michael-Gold-Refractor-Rc-23-50-/170733285739?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item27c07f316b#ht_500wt_1200

Wasn't he drafted by the Twins?

Yep, another half A$$ job by Topps. How do you f'up a first round draft pick. I could understand a 14th rounder, but a 1st rounder. Shows how little Topps cares about people who buy their product.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
Yeah, I saw Texas on the checklist they released last week and thought it was just a misprint...sad that they probably had 3-4 people proof these too...

Jmilly

Feb 13, 2011
thats quite a shame topps screwed that up. i feel bad for all the twins collectors.

Bowman Chromie

Nov 18, 2008
It absolutely baffles me how Topps can let this happen. A simple search shows all the draft picks, and who drafted them. I will be more than happy to help Topps out by checking the card mockups before they go to press for free. What the hell are they doing over there? Also, with the "1st bowman chrome" cards. Oswaldo Arcia has a card in 2011 bowman, and 2011 bowman chrome that both say 1st chrome. Can they not even remember a card they released earlier that year!? This is just stupid. Topps get your **** together, you're screwing up in the most obvious way, and creating a crappy experience for collectors. I was excited to buy Levi RC's, but not now. Also some of the regular draft cards have facsimile autos, and the chrome versions of the same card do not. Consistency makes collectors happy, mistakes don't. I'll be sure to check the 2012 bowman prelim checklist and forward the teams and which players had a previous card to topps.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
BowmanChromeAddict said:
So the jersey is photoshopped then?

Yes, uniquebaseballcards. :p

In all seriousness, this would be devastating for me, if one of my guys was not depicted in the uniform the the player was drafted in. I was pretty worried that would happen with Kyle Parker; he was listed on the CL as being with the Seattle Mariners.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
At least he doesn't have two cards in the same set, an auto pictured with 1 team and a non auto with his current team. Unless there's 2 different players named Brandon Guyer.

JustinVerlander35 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

That was the same thing I was thinking.
Bob Loblaw said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Most of them are, Jim.

I'm just going to ignore all of the above quotes so my perception will remain pure and unsullied. I'm not waking up.

Latest posts