Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major 1 of 1 acquisition for my Josh Johnson collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
33ae5d58005c8705c05fb85ba700d19f.jpg

Took me 6+ years to get this at an acceptable price, and even then, it was a hassle. It was finally up at auction, when, with 3 days left, poof, it was gone. I panicked, because, this is / was my 2nd most sought after card.

I messaged the seller wondering why he pulled it. Because it wasn't as high as he would've liked ... was the answer he gave. Then he said he had sold it, which I knew was bull****. Like a week later, he messages me saying that it's back up on eBay for sale.

Well, as much as I hate to give the seller what they want, I didn't want the card to slip from my cold, clamy grasp again.

At one point, it probably could've fetched nearly $1K. But, I'm just glad it's made its way, finally, to its rightful and deserving home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
ahh the days when Triple Threads were patch cards not just base GU'ed cards like they are today.. Congrats Dave its a great looking card

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I hate stupid sellers. People bid last minute in auctions so you can never gauge by mid auction prices. Glad you where able to Get it!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Congratulations! I know that Stephen dude is probably throwing off the card's mojo for you. If you ever want me to take him out of the equation of this card, let me know :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts