Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May 2024 Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just one sports piece today but a few really neat (at least to me) non-sports issues

1950 Dell Mini Poster Warren Spahn/Mel Parnell - Can't find out much about these. I'm assuming they were inserts or cutouts from Dell magazines of the era but who knows. If anyone has some info I'd love to hear it.
Spahn Dell Mini Poster.jpgParnell Dell Mini Poster Back.jpg

1888 N6 Allen & Ginter City Flags Washington DC, 1890 N216 Kinney Bros. Animals Boa Constrictor, 1909-1911 T59 Flags of the World Germany - I've been piecing together these sets as copies with well presenting fronts and prices have shown up. The goal wasn't really to do them graded but they really do look nice in SGC slabs.
Washington DC SGC 4.jpg Boa Constrictor.jpg Germany.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just one sports piece today but a few really neat (at least to me) non-sports issues

1950 Dell Mini Poster Warren Spahn/Mel Parnell - Can't find out much about these. I'm assuming they were inserts or cutouts from Dell magazines of the era but who knows. If anyone has some info I'd love to hear it.
View attachment 356490View attachment 356491
I am 99.8% sure these are pages removed from a book. I have a few myself and I can't remember if I removed them myself or got them on ebay.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have been trying to win a Lincecum auto for a while. He had a bright flame that burned out quick and although he was red hot at one point, I feel his autographs are holding value a little too high for what his final career numbers show. Typical of modern market these days though. The guy could be half the pitcher of a deceased HOF at 3x the price.
Finally landed one in my price range. Not my favorite card, but it fills a hole. If anyone has a Lincecum auto and would be more interested in mine, show me what you have and maybe I'd be up for a trade.

Lincecum.png

Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins

Dawkins.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Starting with some low lying fruit, a few easy needs this month...
1. Danbury Mint 24K Gold -- Don't collect these but it was $1.25 with free shipping.
2. 2001 UD Game Used Jersey -- Somehow was missing this, waited for the right price.
3. 1999 Topps Stars Steel Gold -- Surprisingly tough, have seemed a few Domed Holographic ones pop up. These are too similar to the base cards and may get overlooked.

gu01.jpgPaul-ONeill.jpggold.jpg

4. 2004 Greats of the Game Yankee Clippings Paul O'Neill Auto #/26 -- Post career set, but an extension of the 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game set. Glad to have this.

pon.jpgpomn2.jpg

5. 1977 TV Guide The Muppets Show -- Signed by Jim Henson & Frank Oz, no mailing label. Cover is a little beat up, but two tough signatures. Unauthenticated but had to take a chance. I have a pile of things to send into PSA.

tvguide.jpg

6. 1991 East Coast National Card Show Program -- A card show program, to be framed for my office room. The White Plains Show was my local card show growing up and 1991 was the year I started collecting. An affordable way to display the historic complete A&G baseball set.

6. s-l1600.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
2004 Bowman Chrome XFractor /250 Auto Phil Hughes BGS 9.5 -- I guess no one wants these anymore. (eBay link). About $20 shipped.

View attachment 356253

2004 Bowman Sterling Refractor /199 BGS 9.5 -- $7.00 on COMC from @moxacaine I believe.

View attachment 356254

2013 Topps Update SSP Mariano Rivera Bullpen Variation -- Last of the bigger cards I needed, completes most SP/SSPs through 2015 for Yankees Topps run. Need a ton from 2017-2022. Will have to start seriously going after these. Luckily the 2023 onward variations are parallels and not considered part of the extended base set. Will hopefully make it easier. However, there is a sneaky 2023 Soto SSP in Yankees uniform. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these.

View attachment 356255

Attachments

• 08-31-2016 09;00;56PM.jpg
    08-31-2016 09;00;56PM.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 8

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Perfect example of what appealed to me as a kid, first laying eyes on these cards, and how that has remained with me. I love this card. It's not an all-star or a rookie cup, but the image is just cool. Sanguillen wasn't an all time great, but was a decent player and a solid fan favorite. Turns out this card was issued after his 3rd (and final) all-star appearance. He would only play a few more years after this card was issued.

With Parker and Oliver in similar cool action poses, I can even imagine a "what if?" scenario of a Clemente card in 1976 had he lived and been able to stick around a couple more years. He would have been 40 in 1975. Killebrew was still around in 1975, why not Roberto?

When I saw Topps had bought back these for the 2017 Archives issue, I tried like hell to win one and was outbid every single time. Finally landed one 7 years later! To have certified signed cards of some of the more memorable cards from my youth is amazing.

/51

Sanguillen 51 mrm.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This card has sold for crazy money in the past and I have no idea why, other than maybe it was a SP and a few crazies wanted one badly. I just assumed I would lose again. It actually went for an OK price, considering this set and the player.
Lackey.png

Members online

Latest posts