Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
just pulled this:
HARVEYMATT_zps14b3453d.jpg

WaxPax

Been toying with the idea of collecting/getting every Mets Topps (base) card from 1962- present for a while now....I have a bunch of mid 60's to late 70's of my own so it is not like I'm starting from scratch....Clearly the Ryan & Seaver Rookies will be most costly, along with some of the High Number cards from 60's...Thoughts?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The way I see it, if you have the money and the desire, go for it. It sure would be a cool thing to have, and the collection will always grow with each coming year.

That said, what do the other Mets fans in this thread think? We don't hear from you guys much!

WaxPax

They way they've played in the past month or so, I would have thought there would be a few more posts in here.....

The way I see it, if you have the money and the desire, go for it. It sure would be a cool thing to have, and the collection will always grow with each coming year.

That said, what do the other Mets fans in this thread think? We don't hear from you guys much!

WaxPax

Harvey could/should have 13-14 wins at least so far......

"Harvey has allowed one run or fewer in 13 starts this season. He’s taken a no decision in six of those starts. That’s all you need to know about his run support this year."

WaxPax

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helevetica, Arial, sans-serif]"Terry Collins told reporters he doesn’t think the Mets will make any moves before the trade deadline."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helevetica, Arial, sans-serif]Nothing like maintaining the status quo when your team is mediocre....So much for targeting and acquiring an impact bat that will help for this year and beyond.... [/FONT]

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helevetica, Arial, sans-serif]"Terry Collins told reporters he doesn’t think the Mets will make any moves before the trade deadline."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helevetica, Arial, sans-serif]Nothing like maintaining the status quo when your team is mediocre....So much for targeting and acquiring an impact bat that will help for this year and beyond.... [/FONT]

There's a lot of teams right now looking for an impact bat, and not a lot available. It's not like if we get that one guy our season will turn around and watch out Braves. It's gunna take some time, and hopefully, before that time, the bat will be acquired.

WaxPax

[h=1]Noah Syndergaard named Pitcher of the Week[/h]July 29th, 2013 2:35 pm
noah-syndergaard-1-polaroid.jpg
Mets RHP prospect Noah Syndergaard was named the Double-A Eastern League’s Minor League Pitcher of the Week.

Syndergaard won two games, allowing just three runs and five hits, while walking one and striking out 15 batters in 11 innings.
He was recently ranked No. 14 on MLB.com’s mid-season Top 100 Prospects List.
“His combination of stuff, pitchability and aggressiveness on the mound point to a possible future as a frontline starter,” MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo wrote in the report.

[h=1]Jordany Valdespin named PCL Player of the Week[/h]July 29th, 2013 3:31 pmJordany Valdespin has been named the Triple-A Pacific Coast League’s Player of the Week.
Valdespin is hitting .500 with two HR and 21 RBI in 11 game and 44 at bats since being demoted to Triple-A.

WaxPax

[h=1]Wheeler, Syndergaard and d’Arnaud in new Top 30 Prospects[/h]
Zack Wheeler is ranked as the eighth-best prospect in baseball on MLB.com’s mid-season Top 100 Prospects list.

RHP Noah Syndergaard is ranked No. 14, C Travis d’Arnaud is ranked No. 23.
screen-shot-2013-07-29-at-7-08-12-am.png

“The plan has been, since Sandy [Alderson] took over, is to build up the organization, build up the minor league system, get some of these young talented guys up here. And I think it’s coming true,” Terry Collins told reporters this past weekend, according to MLB.com.

WaxPax

Byrd has been putting up some great offensive #'s, here compared to the other top RBI OF'ers in th NL, they should be asking for a nice package back....will cross post in the trade rumor thread too....

RKPlayerTeamPosGABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
1 Bruce, JCINRF1074276311931122743212833.279.328.511.839
2 Gonzalez, CCOLLF10038572117236267041116213.304.370.597.967
3 Brown, DPHILF99373511011742469257681.271.316.531.847
4 Cuddyer, MCOLRF86326531082221762366371.331.399.567.966
5 Byrd, MNYMRF92330489317417602010223.282.325.512.837

Multiple reports indicate the Mets will listen to offers for Marlon Byrd, but the price is high.

July 30, 8:30 pm: The Pirates could pursue a trade for Byrd (Brink, Pittsburgh Post Gazette).
July 30, 3:00 pm: Rangers are focused on acquiring an outfielder not a DH (Bowden, SiriusESPN)
July 30, 12:19 pm: The Mets are not seeing much action on Byrd, although interest has begun to pick up lately with the Rangers and Orioles (Cafardo, Boston Globe).
July 30, 9:30 am: The Mets will not just give away Byrd, a team official said. “If something presented itself we would consider it.” (Puma, New York Post).

July 29, 3:55 pm: The Mets have talked to teams about Byrd, “but nothing serious at this point.” (Olney, ESPN).
July 29, 3:44 pm: The Rangers are interested in Byrd an an alternative to White Sox OF Alex Rios (Heyman, CBS Sports)
July 29, 7:04 am: Byrd will cost a top prospect who can help now, not just later (Cerrone, MetsBlog).
July 25, 3:54 pm: Byrd is drawing the eye of teams not interested in overpaying to get Rios, such as the Pirates and Rangers (Cerrone, MetsBlog).

WaxPax

Good day for our pitching prospects at the top 2 minor league levels......Montero beat Wacha in his game

Binghamton Mets
PlayerIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Noah Syndergaard (W, 5-0)5.02001301.98

Las Vegas 51s
PlayerIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Rafael Montero (W, 3-3)8.04110403.88

In addition......

"D’Arnaud is 10-for-35 on his rehab assignment between the GCL Mets and B-Mets – he has been out since mid-April after breaking his foot.
Last week, Terry Collins told reporters it was possible d’Arnaud could be promoted to the big league when John Buck departs for paternity leave in the near future."

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Looks like Valdespin will be named as one of the Biogenesis group of 50 game suspensions, as well as Puello and exmet super prospect Fernando Martinez.

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Great thread to the OP.I am a big Mets fan and collect mostly 1986 Mets as well as current stars and Shea Stadium memorabilia.I hope to show some of it off here.I will start with a 1986 Mets custom set I made with the help of a great graphic designer from this site.I could not find a nice complete set of players from any set of the team,18 of them to be exact.I have plenty of different player autos but nothing that could be put together like this.I used certified autographs from different card companies.Many were damaged or dull looking design wise.I know cutting up cards is frowned upon around here,but for my purpose they serve a better good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts