Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Trade Deadline - Who do you want your team to deal? and not deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Matt, who is the other guy they got? Soler?

Top international prospect Eloy Jimenez has decided to turn down more money from another club to sign with the Cubs, according to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez (on Twitter). Jimenez, a 16-year-old outfielder from the Dominican Republic, is regarded as the top international prospect in this year's July 2 class by both Baseball America and MLB.com. According to Sanchez, an announcement should come within the next few days.
At just 16 years of age, Jimenez is 6'4" and 200 pounds, and Baseball America's Ben Badler says that his average raw power and flat swing produce line drives -- a combination that could lead to above-average home run power in the future. MLB.com raved about Jimenez in their Top 30:
"Considered the crown jewel of the Class of 2013, Jimenez has one of the best baseball bodies available this year and is considered to be the total package. The teenager has impressed scouts with his intelligence, plus-speed, and gap-to-gap power that is expected to improve as he grows into his body."
As MLBTR's Tim Dierkes noted earlier today (Twitter link), the Cubs added just over $963K in additional international bonus money in trades with the Orioles and Astros. That glut of pool space has helped them reach agreements with both Jimenez and shortstop Gleyber Torres, whom Baseball America ranked as this year's No. 2 international prospect and MLB.com ranked third.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I were the Rangers, I would try very hard to persuade the Marlins to let Stanton go. I think they could dangle a package enticing enough that doesn't include Profar or Martin.

Rangers send Justin Grimm/Martin Perez/Mike Olt (huge upside, lots of work needed)/Lewis Brinson/Wilmer Font.

I bet you the Marlins would take that package of prospects.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yovani Gallardo, who will be the subject of trade rumors until the July 31st deadline, can block trades to the Baltimore Orioles,Boston Red Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Toronto Blue Jays

So the majority of playoff teams....

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
If I were the Rangers, I would try very hard to persuade the Marlins to let Stanton go. I think they could dangle a package enticing enough that doesn't include Profar or Martin.

Rangers send Justin Grimm/Martin Perez/Mike Olt (huge upside, lots of work needed)/Lewis Brinson/Wilmer Font.

I bet you the Marlins would take that package of prospects.

I agree with you, I think this exact package WOULD get it done, or trading out one of the pitchers for another hitter such as Ronald guzman or Jairo beras.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I doubt the Marlins will trade Giancarlo this season.

With that said I would have a very hard time believing the Marlins would trade him in a package that did not include Jurickson Profar if the Rangers are the team that the Marlins trade with.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Top international prospect Eloy Jimenez has decided to turn down more money from another club to sign with the Cubs, according to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez (on Twitter). Jimenez, a 16-year-old outfielder from the Dominican Republic, is regarded as the top international prospect in this year's July 2 class by both Baseball America and MLB.com. According to Sanchez, an announcement should come within the next few days.
At just 16 years of age, Jimenez is 6'4" and 200 pounds, and Baseball America's Ben Badler says that his average raw power and flat swing produce line drives -- a combination that could lead to above-average home run power in the future. MLB.com raved about Jimenez in their Top 30:
"Considered the crown jewel of the Class of 2013, Jimenez has one of the best baseball bodies available this year and is considered to be the total package. The teenager has impressed scouts with his intelligence, plus-speed, and gap-to-gap power that is expected to improve as he grows into his body."
As MLBTR's Tim Dierkes noted earlier today (Twitter link), the Cubs added just over $963K in additional international bonus money in trades with the Orioles and Astros. That glut of pool space has helped them reach agreements with both Jimenez and shortstop Gleyber Torres, whom Baseball America ranked as this year's No. 2 international prospect and MLB.com ranked third.

Pretty excited about these signings and the fact that the Cubs dumped Marmol finally. I've heard Jimenez could be one of the best to come out of the DR so let's hope in several years he pans out

Members online

Latest posts