Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************ Monday Morning Thread ************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning guys.
Congrats on the marathon!
Torso's a little sore due to taking my first live swings of the season. Gym time lessened the soreness but still there.
Everything righty was a line drive 30' past short or popped 200' up to the outfield. Took a few lefty swings and hit the warning track twice but broken finger won't let me do that steadily. Hopefully it's healed in the 2-4 weeks they say (if I quit using it)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning guys.
Congrats on the marathon!
Torso's a little sore due to taking my first live swings of the season. Gym time lessened the soreness but still there.
Everything righty was a line drive 30' past short or popped 200' up to the outfield. Took a few lefty swings and hit the warning track twice but broken finger won't let me do that steadily. Hopefully it's healed in the 2-4 weeks they say (if I quit using it)

We went out on Saturday and played softball. My body wasn't used to swinging the bat either. When I was younger I was able to bat switch, but then I stopped playing baseball for a few years and now I can't hit lefty very well. I can make some solid contact at times, but they usually end up being hard grounders. I was hitting line drives right over short on Saturday, which I'd be okay with doing that all the time since I'm the OBP guy for the team and let everybody else hit me in

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
We went out on Saturday and played softball. My body wasn't used to swinging the bat either. When I was younger I was able to bat switch, but then I stopped playing baseball for a few years and now I can't hit lefty very well. I can make some solid contact at times, but they usually end up being hard grounders. I was hitting line drives right over short on Saturday, which I'd be okay with doing that all the time since I'm the OBP guy for the team and let everybody else hit me in

Maybe try to lower your back shoulder to level out your swing?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Maybe try to lower your back shoulder to level out your swing?

I've given up on going lefty. I think I tried it twice last year in league, and I got a single both times, but both times were because of my speed. Most of the guys weren't too happy with me for doing it :lol:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hey all. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Believe it or not, I passed on the Nellie Fox Leatherbound that ended yesterday. Very diamond cut and rough corners. Plus I'm a little light this month as I'm moving this month. So took a pass on it. I'll get one eventually. Gonna be a slow month for cards. I'll probably be a little put off after moving all the 5,000 count boxes I've got stored!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Hey all. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Believe it or not, I passed on the Nellie Fox Leatherbound that ended yesterday. Very diamond cut and rough corners. Plus I'm a little light this month as I'm moving this month. So took a pass on it. I'll get one eventually. Gonna be a slow month for cards. I'll probably be a little put off after moving all the 5,000 count boxes I've got stored!

I know the guy who won it.. :)

Here are the cards he has won this last week..

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

He was outbid on the Leon Day.. :cry:

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Huge day for my Victor Cruz collection, and good day for the Mets collection too, my COMC order came in! Pics to come in the appropriate threads later

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Huge day for my Victor Cruz collection, and good day for the Mets collection too, my COMC order came in!/QUOTE]

First the Mets, now the Giants, especially Cruz. Geez, can you at least redeem yourself by sending me some orders from Mr. Pastie's in Pen Argyl?
:cool:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Huge day for my Victor Cruz collection, and good day for the Mets collection too, my COMC order came in!/QUOTE]

First the Mets, now the Giants, especially Cruz. Geez, can you at least redeem yourself by sending me some orders from Mr. Pastie's in Pen Argyl?
:cool:

Haha, I'm originally from Northern New Jersey, only moved out to the Poconos in December of 2009.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I've given up on going lefty. I think I tried it twice last year in league, and I got a single both times, but both times were because of my speed. Most of the guys weren't too happy with me for doing it :lol:

Lol
I had to hit lefty all of last year because of a left wrist injury, I couldn't finish my swing right handed. I usually pick and choose.
Get on base, that's all ya need to do. Try to explain that to a few of my team mates and they don't seem to get it.

Sweet leather bound cards. I'd love to snag a griffey from it. Have an edgar martinez

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
More from the big purchase. An Allen & Ginter rip card. This one was ripped but it is O'neills Jersey number /21
2013AllenampGinterRipcardRIP302150.jpg

My OCD made me purchase an unripped one as well:
2013AllenampGinterRipcardRIP300550.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
First day of orientation today. Tomorrow and half day Wednesday, then driver training Thursday and Friday. Gonna be weird to drive right hand drive vehicle.

A_Pharis

[MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION] - yeah, I cost you money on all three of those.

The Dean was a decent price, though I think the $200+ was a freak sale. I think the $150 is probably norm but good due to it not showing up much.
The Leon Day is a stupid high reserve. The last time it went over $200 without meeting reserve.

I may be getting out of glove buying. Seems like everyone is starting to buy them.

Members online