Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

##############MORNING THREAD ############# 11/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning gents... I'm back from the dead :lol:

Last week I was traveling all over the place and then this weekend went back up North to see my parents and have been just flooded at work, so haven't checked in much but I'm back.

I guess it doesn't help my Dad got me on this Clash of Clans game a little to just do something together and it is freaking addicting haha... It has taken up a lot of my FCB time I guess when I have a free minute... not to mention the iPhone app is down or something on my end.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Afternoon! Stay warm out there BRRRRRRR

Can I get some members opinions on this card? Is this from a knob or the barrel or anything because of the stamp? I have never seen this before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Panini...1465091468?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1c47e2358c

Hmm, it's tough to tell if that come from the knob or the broad side of a bat. I only collect Louisville Slugger bats from the last 14 years and have never seen a stamping like that anywhere but the bottom of a knob BUT I'm sure Dawson used some bat models I'm not overly familiar with.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Afternoon! Stay warm out there BRRRRRRR

Hmm, it's tough to tell if that come from the knob or the broad side of a bat. I only collect Louisville Slugger bats from the last 14 years and have never seen a stamping like that anywhere but the bottom of a knob BUT I'm sure Dawson used some bat models I'm not overly familiar with.

I have just never seen anything like that on all the Dawson bat cards that I have and I have hundreds of them. Doesn't look like it was put on aftermarket either.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning everyone

I'm still alive

I have a new career starting Dec 1!
Finally got into refrigeration

Sent from my XT1034 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Congrats on the new career.

Good morning gents... I'm back from the dead :lol:

Last week I was traveling all over the place and then this weekend went back up North to see my parents and have been just flooded at work, so haven't checked in much but I'm back.

I guess it doesn't help my Dad got me on this Clash of Clans game a little to just do something together and it is freaking addicting haha... It has taken up a lot of my FCB time I guess when I have a free minute... not to mention the iPhone app is down or something on my end.

Welcome back!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I have just never seen anything like that on all the Dawson bat cards that I have and I have hundreds of them. Doesn't look like it was put on aftermarket either.

I'd say you should grab it. I don't know what the market is for Dawson bat cards, but for $7.50 it doesn't seem like a bad deal considering the stamping on it. A couple of the game used bats that I have have a stamp similar to that on the knob, but all of may bats are from 2006-now

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'd say you should grab it. I don't know what the market is for Dawson bat cards, but for $7.50 it doesn't seem like a bad deal considering the stamping on it. A couple of the game used bats that I have have a stamp similar to that on the knob, but all of may bats are from 2006-now

Thanks, I know $7.50 doesn't sound like a lot but its more than I pay for a "common" Dawson bat card, but I went ahead and picked this one up since you guys think it could be a marking from a knob. Going to have to see if I can do some research when it comes in. Thank you everyone!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Need some more help here. I do not know what set this Recollection card is from. It is a 2001 Donruss Diamond Kings Reprint with the 20th Anniversary stamp on the front and a 2001 copyright on the back. These reprints were serial numbered to 1986 and the autographed version was numbered to 86, but this card is machine stamped 1/6 on the back which I don't totally understand. The card has an embossed print that says 2001 Authentic Signature. I don't understand how it was signed in 2001 on a 2001 card and it is a Recollection card. The Recollection stamp is a gold stamp. I have eliminated the following sets:

2002 Donruss Originals Recollection Autographs
2002 Donruss Recollection Autographs
2003 Diamond Kings Recollection Autographs
2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs
2005 Diamond Kings Recollection Autographs
2005 Donruss Champions Recollection Autographs
2005 Donruss Recollection Autographs

scan0121.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon All!

Busy Busy week so far. Since Saturday night, two kids have come through our house due to (separate) parental drug overdose. November is shaping up to be like October as we had 16 kids last month. So far we're up to 11 this month. All due to parental or legal guardian drug use (all for heroin but one for pill popping).

Folks, if you have kids, grandkids or even adult kids, talk to them about heroin and how it will destroy their life!

Fordman

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.. Hope everyone is having a great day!

I forgot to say it's a blustery (Santa Ana winds) 70 degrees right now..

Maybe I should buy a Parka for the cold.. :lol:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yo GC, what's good? By the way, did you end up getting any of the various Crusades that sold on eBay a week or two ago when the one guy did a set break? I ended up getting the Red Belle, which gives me two now. Never thought I'd get one in the PC and now I'm sitting on two.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Ended up taking a nap this afternoon :lol: It was much needed though. I just wish I would have set an alarm before I fell asleep. I ended up dozing on and off for 2.5 hours. Its nice being able to do that still. I can't remember what my schedule looks like next semester so I don't know if I'll always be able to do this lol

A_Pharis

Need some more help here. I do not know what set this Recollection card is from. It is a 2001 Donruss Diamond Kings Reprint with the 20th Anniversary stamp on the front and a 2001 copyright on the back. These reprints were serial numbered to 1986 and the autographed version was numbered to 86, but this card is machine stamped 1/6 on the back which I don't totally understand. The card has an embossed print that says 2001 Authentic Signature. I don't understand how it was signed in 2001 on a 2001 card and it is a Recollection card. The Recollection stamp is a gold stamp. I have eliminated the following sets:

2002 Donruss Originals Recollection Autographs
2002 Donruss Recollection Autographs
2003 Diamond Kings Recollection Autographs
2004 Donruss Timelines Recollection Autographs
2005 Diamond Kings Recollection Autographs
2005 Donruss Champions Recollection Autographs
2005 Donruss Recollection Autographs

scan0121.jpg

The Recollection stamp signifies the year it was re-released. That style (with the "tail" on "Recollection") is 2005 - guaranteed.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Found some 90s football, baseball and basketball cards at work recently, mostly football. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what I should be looking for?

Also found a big pile of 96 sports flics, including a Wade Boggs and Jeff Bagwell artist proof. Anyone need their guy for 96 sports flics?

Members online

Latest posts