Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************ Morning Thread *************** 9/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have a client I do regular work for. They recently closed a retail location so he could retire (stinkin' wealthy). He always said he had something to show off so I finally got a chance to see it yesterday while setting up some stuff at his home. Complete set - pretty cool.

View attachment 22971View attachment 22972

That is a sight to see!

Any day I get up on the right side of the grass is a good day :D

I often say any day that I wake up is a good day.

Any updates on the MTSS? I know the deadline already passed, just curious... I'm eager to start looking for my victim!

Im eager to see if I make the cut!

Thanks man. Going on three months now.

I have bought from Burbank twice I think, but both times it was because I couldn't refuse the card/price.

I think you should have joined the mtss to begin with :)

In the late 90s I bought two large Dawson lots from Burbank and did not have a problem with them. Last week I asked them what serial number a Dawson card they had was and the messaged me back the next day with an answer. They have some Dawson cards that I need, but I find that the cards I need now, they have prices on them that I fill I can get for a better price in time.

Howdy all.

Pickups only a sick player collector can appreciate...

$T2eC16h,!zgFIc+IebdUBSOmSpyVsg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16F,!)EFIpO+yl8yBSP0+QNk0!~~60_57.JPG

The top one is the real prize for me. ASG game card. That game was only made two years - 1988 (with 1987 stats) and 1989 (with 1988 stats). VTF!

Also, for anyone interested in stat-based card games, I found this excellent multi-part article on them. Not having played any of these, I learned a ton about what the columns mean and how the games were played.

Part 1) BASEBALL ON THE TABLE-TOP
Part 2) BASEBALL ON THE TABLE-TOP PART II
Part 3) BASEBALL ON THE TABLE-TOP - PART III
Part 4) BASEBALL ON THE TABLE-TOP - PART IV
Part 5) BASEBALL ON THE TABLE-TOP - PART V

I was going to ask what the top one was, I collect these for Dawson and have never seen one. I have mostly Replay and Statis Pro and I will give those articles a read.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Mail day:

#7 /10 - This PSA slab is crazy!
scan0010.jpg

#5 /20 - One more closer to completing this set
scan0011.jpg

#37 /50 -
scan0012.jpg

#9 /10 - Even less impressed with this card in person now that I have one, and that is about all I have to say about it, at least I have one
scan0013.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - Nice cards right there! With regard to the already ripped A&G card, I'm assuming you acquired already ripped, didn't rip yourself? Sounds like you regret it? I'm actually waiting for a ripped Belle to hit eBay because I too want one of my guy but am not willing to pay the $100+ for one which is unripped (Belle happens to be a double rip I guess /10)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I have like 15 albums right now. Don't think it matters as long as you don't go beyond your allocated space limits. Of course more space you pay

Sent from my iPhone

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
@Hawk8 - Nice cards right there! With regard to the already ripped A&G card, I'm assuming you acquired already ripped, didn't rip yourself? Sounds like you regret it? I'm actually waiting for a ripped Belle to hit eBay because I too want one of my guy but am not willing to pay the $100+ for one which is unripped (Belle happens to be a double rip I guess /10)

Thanks, have to love mail days. I understand you have a big one coming up. I also received a 375 card Andre Dawson lot today that I have not went through yet. I bought this one ripped, I have another ripped one on its way. Only one unripped Dawson hit Ebay and it went unsold for a starting bid of $400. There is no way on earth I would rip this card. I do not regret the purchase. I got this one and the one coming for good prices and it is a card I need for my collection. It just sickens me that someone is purposely tearing up a perfectly good Andre Dawson card. I am taking this way to personally. I would gladly pay a premium for an unripped Dawson, but $400 is too much of a premium. The guy ended up ripping the one for $400 and that is the one I have on the way. A total of four of these have hit Ebay so far and all are now ripped.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I don't think so. You just have limited storage. I might be wrong though.

- Rodrick

I have like 15 albums right now. Don't think it matters as long as you don't go beyond your allocated space limits. Of course more space you pay

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks, I was creating a different album for every year/set and it would not let me create an album named 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter, but I did not even think of space allocation. There is no way I could scan and upload one of every Dawson card I have. Back to the drawing board.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks, have to love mail days. I understand you have a big one coming up. I also received a 375 card Andre Dawson lot today that I have not went through yet. I bought this one ripped, I have another ripped one on its way. Only one unripped Dawson hit Ebay and it went unsold for a starting bid of $400. There is no way on earth I would rip this card. I do not regret the purchase. I got this one and the one coming for good prices and it is a card I need for my collection. It just sickens me that someone is purposely tearing up a perfectly good Andre Dawson card. I am taking this way to personally. I would gladly pay a premium for an unripped Dawson, but $400 is too much of a premium. The guy ended up ripping it and that is the one I have on the way. A total of four of these have hit Ebay so far and all are now ripped.

Well if Dawson was included as an extended mini that was only found in rip cards, the only way for them to pop up would be for people to rip their rip cards. If the rip cards weren't ripped, that Dawson extended mini would haunt you because you would never find one

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Well if Dawson was included as an extended mini that was only found in rip cards, the only way for them to pop up would be for people to rip their rip cards. If the rip cards weren't ripped, that Dawson extended mini would haunt you because you would never find one

I could live with that. Chase had asked me what if the Dawson wood was inside the one I did not rip and I told him then that is a chance I am willing to take. I understand the idea behind the card, I actually think the idea is kind of brilliant, but I have seen some of the cards coming out of these and as a player collector I would much rather take my chances having a card that is actually in original condition. The percentage is so small that if I ripped the card that I would actually care about the card inside. Like I said I understand the concept behind these cards and understand people busting this wax are in it for the money and not to collect the cards. I'm not ruining a perfectly good card that I want to get a card I most likely don't care about.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Thanks, I was creating a different album for every year/set and it would not let me create an album named 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter, but I did not even think of space allocation. There is no way I could scan and upload one of every Dawson card I have. Back to the drawing board.

Try taking out the "&" sign . You can't use special characters in album titles

Sent from my iPhone

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Herro. Nice Griffey! I'm glad I kept the two I pulled a few years back. One of my all time favorites.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Herro. Nice Griffey! I'm glad I kept the two I pulled a few years back. One of my all time favorites.

Pulled two?! Lucky dog .. Your buying my wax from now on. ;)
Of all the griffey autos I own I've only ever pulled one myself. (Sounds like a good contest question at some point)

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts