Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first fantasy team ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
#1 pick, overall. I'll go round by round. This is in the traditional Yahoo H-2-H :

Albert Pujols
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander
Josh Johnson
Adam Wainwright
Andre Ethier
Matt Cain
Adam Jones
Torii Hunter
Michael Young
Jose Lopez
Miguel Montero
Brett Anderson
Carlos Quentin
Carlos Gonzalez
Stephen Drew
Leo Nunez
Martin Prado
Everth Cabrera
Kevin Gregg
Philip Hughes
Paul Maholm
Franklin Gutierrez

I know my RP's are brutal. They ALWAYS seem to go way too quickly. When people are drafting them in the 3rd and 4th round, I can't bring myself to be part of that "trend".

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
And by first, I mean first of the '10 season :oops: (not my first ever ... )

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
#1 pick, overall. I'll go round by round. This is in the traditional Yahoo H-2-H :

Albert Pujols
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander
Josh Johnson
Adam Wainwright
Andre Ethier
Matt Cain
Adam Jones
Torii Hunter
Michael Young
Jose Lopez
Miguel Montero
Brett Anderson
Carlos Quentin
Carlos Gonzalez
Stephen Drew
Leo Nunez
Martin Prado
Everth Cabrera
Kevin Gregg
Philip Hughes
Paul Maholm
Franklin Gutierrez

I know my RP's are brutal. They ALWAYS seem to go way too quickly. When people are drafting them in the 3rd and 4th round, I can't bring myself to be part of that "trend".

Your offense is lacking, and odds are 1-2 of the pitchers you took very early will get hurt or underperform. I just don't like taking pitchers early, and this is really extreme.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
pujolsjunkie said:
55_marlins_sp said:

Albert Pujols
Felix Hernandez
Justin Verlander
Josh Johnson
Adam Wainwright
Andre Ethier
Matt Cain
Adam Jones
Torii Hunter
Michael Young
Jose Lopez
Miguel Montero
Brett Anderson
Carlos Quentin
Carlos Gonzalez
Stephen Drew
Leo Nunez
Martin Prado
Everth Cabrera
Kevin Gregg
Philip Hughes
Paul Maholm
Franklin Gutierrez

Your offense is lacking, and odds are 1-2 of the pitchers you took very early will get hurt or underperform. I just don't like taking pitchers early, and this is really extreme.

I am the opposite (obviously). I love getting pitching early on and then loading up near the end. Offense is ALWAYS a crap shoot.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Loading up on pitching puts you at a huge disadvantage unless you're an absolute god at evaluating break-out years when it comes to hitters.

You can say offense is a crap-shoot all you want, but every pitcher you've drafted has had an ERA on the wrong side of 3.6 or 3.7ish in the two or three years.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
pigskincardboard said:
Loading up on pitching puts you at a huge disadvantage unless you're an absolute god at evaluating break-out years when it comes to hitters.

You can say offense is a crap-shoot all you want, but every pitcher you've drafted has had an ERA on the wrong side of 3.6 or 3.7ish in the two or three years.

And since Halladay was gone in the way back in the second round, I couldn't get him. Every pitcher, minus Lincy / Halladay has had ups and downs. I just have confidence in the pitchers I took, even if I reached. Having the first (or 12th) pick forces you to take a player a bit early, because there's 22 picks, or so, between your last pick. :D

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Just was offered my first trade of the season ...

He would trade:

Hanley Ramirez
Adrian Beltre
Erik Bedard

I would trade:

Andre Ethier
Adam Jones
Justin Verlander
Felix Hernandez
Adam Wainwright
Matt Cain

Idiots :lol:

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Codasco07 said:
Drafting pitching early is not a good strategy.

It's worked for me. I've won several championships doing the drafting this way :p

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
I am the opposite (obviously). I love getting pitching early on and then loading up near the end. Offense is ALWAYS a crap shoot.

Sorry bud, but the underlined couldn't be further from the truth in term's of drafting for a fantasy team (if anything you could say PITCHING is always a crap shoot). I would never draft SP's in the early round's of a Yahoo Public league as you'll have a streamer come in & tear ya a new one! You can tell who the streamer's are in the draft as they go all offense & closer's, then they'll grab the late round sleeper/high ceiling SP's.... I personally draft a stud offense as those guy's perform steady year by year, whereas starting pitcher's are a crap shoot to repeat (not to mention injuries). I may pick up a SP in the early mid-round's "IF" there is a value pick (a steal type pick), otherwise I stick to the bat's!

Good Luck either way. :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I never draft Starting Pitching. You are always able to pick up and drop pitchers through out the year and can come close to the big time pitchers in every stat except ERA. I'm willing to lose ERA every week in order to have an above average hitting team. It's much easier to match Lincecum's stats through out the year than it is to match the stats of a big bat that you will draft in rounds 1-3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts